mtbr member
    Mar 2007

ventana shock spacer ???

what am i miss'n ... got a chucho with rp23 , after compression / beginning of rebound , i hear a snap ( once per rebound ) ... sounds just like a dirty pivot bushing , so i look at the shock spacer and i find only one half / side rotates around shaft that extends thru upper shock eye ( said shaft excepts fixing bolt , ' to be clear' ) . from looking at the V web site this appears to be correct . I 'm lost and bummed .... any RSG's out their ( reallly smart guys ) ... hit me

Shovel Ready
    That's the design of the spacer. Have to be able to get it through the shock pivot.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Dec 2001
    That's the design, remember when bolted down to correct torque, that shaft and the rockers move as one unit, Rotation occurs inside the Shocks DU bushing.

You, however, hearing a snap, is not right. Either the shock is malfunctioning or something is loose, check all your pivots and make sure they are tight, One thing to check, the bottom shock bolt, I once heard a snaping sound when I left that loose.

Post back if you still can't figure it out.
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    thank you for responding and schooling ... yes I tried all the above in addition to BB removal install / cups , f/r axels , headset , bar and stem , brakes , peddles , whad -i-forget ....... I'll drop all the air out then over charge the shock ...... it's probly my chin strap slaping my helmet . DOOUGH!!!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I had a "blood curdleing oh my god the frames about to snap" knocking noise that I thought was the shock topping out, it turned out to be the rear mech hitting the frame, cured it by shortening the chain by two links

Members who have read this thread: 0