Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Team Chilidog!
    Ok folks, due my knee surgery screwing with the schedule, we're going to pick a different date that isn't likely to interfere with my recovery However, Tahoe will be insane that weekend and most likely consisting of either moon dust or kitty litter, so I'm going to suggest the Central Coast of California (not Central Valley--too flat).

My thoughts are Labor weekend of this year (helps with those with kiddos), and already gives those a day off:

Sept 2-5: Central California Coast (Santa Barbara or San Luis Obispo County). I'm sure it's not perfect for everyone, but it's easier for those in SoCal, and it's still relatively close for those of us in NorCal. Would this work for the folks in Sac though?

This keeps the options good for those with kiddos or SOs who aren't into mountain biking, as there is plenty to do nearby, like apple farms, beaches, and wine tasting.

Lemme know if this works, and I'll ask the SoCal locals if SLO or SB county is better riding for what we're doing.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes
    Sept 2-5: Central California Coast (Santa Barbara or San Luis Obispo County). I'm sure it's not perfect for everyone, but it's easier for those in SoCal, and it's still relatively close for those of us in NorCal. Would this work for the folks in Sac though?

This keeps the options good for those with kiddos or SOs who aren't into mountain biking, as there is plenty to do nearby, like apple farms, beaches, and wine tasting.

Lemme know if this works, and I'll ask the SoCal locals if SLO or SB county is better riding for what we're doing.
    I just responded in the So Cal forum. Either location would be great, though I like the SB riding better myself. I forgot to mention that there are nice camping options at both places, too, if people are into that. For the non-biking SOs, which location is better would depend on their interests - SB is much more a city (though small), so there are nicer restaurants, much better shopping, a museum, and so forth.

Team Chilidog!
    Thanks, I read the posts and everyone basically said it's going to be too hot and miserable.

I started a new thread here:
    Ventana Gathering September 2011 Tahoe

Location is back to Tahoe, and I'm debating between two weekends (Labor day or the weekend after), as I don't think that either weekends interfere with Interbike, but I'm not sure if there any other activities.

Please followup on the new thread. Thanks for all the input

Quote Originally Posted by agoura_biker
    I just responded in the So Cal forum. Either location would be great, though I like the SB riding better myself. I forgot to mention that there are nice camping options at both places, too, if people are into that. For the non-biking SOs, which location is better would depend on their interests - SB is much more a city (though small), so there are nicer restaurants, much better shopping, a museum, and so forth.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    Here in Munich would be perfect for that

I am in for Munich in '12.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2