The Rowdy Scotsman

... and if we just ... Ventana Customer Service

I don't normally carry my bike on the roof of the Jeep, so as it goes... I drove into my garage with my V on the roof... bent the frame. Even worse, it was only a month old and I had a big MTB trip coming up in two weeks that I had planned out with my Bros for over two months.

I was sick to my stomach and hating life... hating myself for being so stupid!

So I contacted Ventana, talked to Teresa and told her the situation....
    "I bent my frame, does the customer loyalty program cover a damaged frame?" She said "yes". I then told her I was going on a bike trip in two weeks... is there any way to get a new frame before them? This time she told me that she would check into to it and get back to me on a time frame... but it shouldn't be a problem. About 4 hours later I got a phone call from Sherwood, we talked, he felt my pain and we discussed a few modifications to the frame I wanted in the process. Right before we got off the phone he said, "the new frame would ship that evening".

Isn't that amazing... I contacted Ventana Sunday evening 6PM EST, got a reply at Sunday evening 8PM EST and Monday evening my new replacement frame was on it's way. It took one week to arrive by UPS ground. The following Tuesday I built it up, rode it the next day, dialed it in more. Packed for my MTB trip Wed. evening, finished packing Thurs. evening and Friday 5AM in the morning I was on the road and riding by 10AM in Douthat, VA.

Tell me of another bike manufacture who can top that kind of customer service!
    Ventana's customer service is outstanding!

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    There are no companys that will go the extra mile..........like that. I hope you learned from your mistake......that's a tough one.

melon farmer
    Ahhhh... good news! I knew this would end well, but this is exceptional.

Post some pics of the new frame for us all.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    wow.... top service indeed!

awesome!

Having a nice day!
    I hate roof racks. Did the same thing, but instead of hurting my POS bike on top, it did all the damage to my car. I was alerted to my mistake by safety class flying through my car after my rear window shattered when the tray poked through it!

What a great story though. I have never had to utilize Ventana's great service for anything other than the odd der. hanger or something, but it is good to know it is there should I ever need it.