mtbr member

Which Ventana color is a better match with Chris King?

I've tried to compare colors on the web, but they don't seem very representative. When I get nearer to pulling the trigger, I'll have Ventana send some samples, but for now, I'm just asking for the sake of conversation. Here's what I'm looking at...

Ventana's Mango Tango or Cosmic Orange with Chris King Mango.

Or...

Ventana's Candy Blue with Chris King Navy Blue.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

Proud lame eBiker
    I"ll offer a suggestion. Do Not try to match ano/powder colors. Even if they're dead on in the beginning, ano fades and changes color.

If you like the Mango Tango color, and you want some color, go with either blue ano parts as the blue vrs. orange is a striking contrast. Or go for the ano green against the Orange if you really want to stand out.

If you go Blue Powder, Gold or Orange is a nice highlight color.

Sorry, not exactly the answer you were looking for...
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    I would have to agree with Int14......all anodize colors fade over time some just faster than others. I would pick a frame color then offset it with component color. I wish Fo was around he was the ultimate at pimping out his bikes.

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker4life View Post
    I would have to agree with Int14......all anodize colors fade over time some just faster than others. I would pick a frame color then offset it with component color. I wish Fo was around he was the ultimate at pimping out his bikes.

This. If I knew this beforehand, I would have done a different color for my frame (one of the candy ones) and stuck with black components. Love my ti color frame, but the blue ano colors are wearing very unevenly after 2 years.

Best colors I've found to match are greens and red anos. The others seem particularly hard to match, especially the blues, purples and golds.

Just for grins, why are you trying to do similar colors instead of doing contrasting colors like Int14 recommends?
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women
    2013 Ibis Mojo HD

mtbr member
    Opinions and aresholes...

I'd go Team Sparkle Blue with either Navy or Red CK. I really like the light blue/red combo, when done right.
    www.seanhannity.com <=not what you think it is.

Homeopathy is the Air Guitar of Medicine.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14 View Post
    I"ll offer a suggestion. Do Not try to match ano/powder colors. Even if they're dead on in the beginning, ano fades and changes color.

If you like the Mango Tango color, and you want some color, go with either blue ano parts as the blue vrs. orange is a striking contrast. Or go for the ano green against the Orange if you really want to stand out.

If you go Blue Powder, Gold or Orange is a nice highlight color.

Sorry, not exactly the answer you were looking for...
    Thanks for the tip, I hadn't thought about the anodizing fading over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    This. If I knew this beforehand, I would have done a different color for my frame (one of the candy ones) and stuck with black components. Love my ti color frame, but the blue ano colors are wearing very unevenly after 2 years.

Best colors I've found to match are greens and red anos. The others seem particularly hard to match, especially the blues, purples and golds.

Just for grins, why are you trying to do similar colors instead of doing contrasting colors like Int14 recommends?
    I thought I'd do something different this time around and go with matching frame and hubs.

I've wanted a El Martillo CX for some time, I think I'll finally pull the trigger soon.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

Ultra Ventanaphile

Which Ventana color is a better match with Chris King?

Ooh, CX nice choice. Carbon Black with red parts!
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Candy Red and CK red are a very good match from my own experience, but only as long as the CK red ano does not turn pinkish from fading... Then it looks pretty ugly.

mtbr member
    I bet the Orange or Blue would look awesome paired with some silver parts.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra