Team Fearless Descender

Smile Ventana Centric Summer 2008 N. Cal Road Trip

Every year we make one “big” cycling trip, and a few smaller ones. The past two years have been 2+ week long road trips to Colorado via Utah and Arizona. Fun in Crested Butte, Durango, Fruita, etc. This year we are pointing our compass north and revisiting some, and checking out some new places in N. Cal. Oh, I guess I should mention, home is SoCal / Los Angeles.

Spots on the agenda are Tahoe, Mammoth, Downieville, and Auburn / Grass Valley. We usually end up spending a few nights at each stop, riding during the day and enjoying the “local color” at night.

Part of my big plan is to stop by and visit the holy ground, bringing either my El Salt or Terremoto “home” for a visit. I’m hoping to hook up with some of the N.Cal Ventana locals, and maybe even entice Sherwood into coming out. (maybe we can talk my wife into an X5 or something?)

As of now there are no fixed dates, but likely early July. I know the lower elevations can be warm by this time, but Tahoe and Mammoth still cold. Heck, maybe incorporating July 4th into the trip.

Anyway, I guess I’m just throwing it out there, looking for riding suggestions, especially in the Auburn / Grass Valley area (the one area we have not ridden), and hoping to stir up some interest in getting some riding in with the characters on the Ventana board. Heck, even Fo said he might be able to make it???

Next week (March 16th), off for a week in Sedona!
    Last edited by crisillo; 03-09-2008 at 12:03 AM.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

dreamer
    Aug 2006
    Howdy do! I live in Nevada City. I was just at the shop on the 4th, and picked up my NEW El Ray! I will post some pic's of what will be the most stunning bike ever! (at least I think so)
    So.. if you want a tour guide when you get up here, let me know. By the way here is how I am building it.
    17 El Ray
    Fox f-29 100
    King headset
    Synchros fl stem (black&white, frame is superdust)
    Synchros post
    Synchros FR seat (black&white)
    HopeII hubs (black)
    Salsa Race delgado's (black)
    black spokes&nipples
    Juicy 7s 180 f/160r
    tires?
    bars?
    see ya up here

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Not to nitpick but El REY...

Ray as in a beam of sunshine
    Rey as in "King" in spanish.

Congrats on the new frame. Pics are required when done!
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

Ultra Ventanaphile
    El Salt,

Just let us know when you and god, even Fo are coming up and we'll get some riding in.

FYI Myself, Sherwood and hopefully Internal 14..(Who needs to RETURN EMAILS!!!! )
    Will be hitting Mammoth in early August. 7-9th roughly.

Norcal Dirt!
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by El Salt
    Heck, even Fo said he might be able to make it???
    Life....the original terminal illness

Neg reppers r my biatches
    i agree with squeaky

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    NorCal will welcome all SoCal Ventana brethren but if you think being at elevation in July will be cooler.....welcome to hell Ooops I mean NorCal

Team Fearless Descender
    1red1 - NICE build. Being in the +6 foot range, I'm just about ready to go 29, and the El Rey would be my only choice!

Ciclistagonzo / mtnbiker4life - I'll for sure let ya know when we have firm dates! You mean its not cool in N. Cal in July?

August in Mammoth. Just give me the dates and I'm there!

Weeeeeeeeeee! I love planning out cycling trips!
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff