mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Venatana customer service is the best anywhere!!

I am sure there are other companies with great customer service but I am not sure that any of them can compete with Ventana. I called today to talk with Teresa about changing the rockers on my Bastard from 5.5" to 5". I live in Michigan and to be honest the most travel I need is 4". The main reason for the change is Teresa sent my the geo charts last year for the Bastard and they are different for the 5.5" and 5" rockers. The 5" rocker config has a slacker HA and STA and the BB is lower. That geo seems more up my alley. I really enjoy riding my Bastard but feel more in charge on my Padrino which has closer geo numbers to the 5" travel Bastard.

Now I know the Padrino is a HT 29er and the Bastard is FS 650B but I just feel more in the cockpit on the Padrino and more up front on the Bastardo. Anyways to get back to my point after talking to Teresa she tells me Sherwood is on lunch and he'll get back to me when he gets back. I think to myself "no problem he'll call me mid next week" it is Friday you know. Well an hour later Sherwood calls me and takes a bunch of his time discussing the different options I have. I mean that is customer service wrapped up in a nutshell. I was so impressed that he would call me back that soon.

So my options involve minimal expense but here they are. I have to send my shock to PUSH and have them change the stroke from 2.25" to 2" and while it is there I will have them tune it for my weight and riding conditions. Then I can go with either 4" or 5" rockers. I'd much prefer going with 4" since I don't need the extra inch of travel. However my fork is a 130mm White Brothers Fluid and I am not sure if the ride will be to flaky having a 130mm fork with a 100mm rocker/back shock. What do you say?

In the end Ventana is the bikes I will always ride for the fact that I can speak with the designer, owner, builder the same day I call. Where else do you get that?

Thanks,

Chuck

mtbr member
    I have to say the same. Teresa and Ventana are Johnny on the spot. Wish all service was like it. Three thunbs up!!!!!!!!!
    09 Ventana El Bastardo 650b
    10 Banshee Viento

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moodrid View Post
    I have to say the same. Teresa and Ventana are Johnny on the spot. Wish all service was like it. Three thunbs up!!!!!!!!!
    Ditto.

Once I called to get the proper torque values for my El Com swinging dropouts. Teresa, who is great to deal with, says "Hang on a minute." Next thing I know, Sherwood picks up the phone.

SPP
    Rigid.

Team Chilidog!
    Their CS is completely top-notch. Between torque settings and a bunch of "what will this fork/shock/part/etc do to the bike and/or handling" questions, they're always open for questions and providing fast and friendly answers. They've also sold us small parts as we've needed (like coils, derailleur hangers, etc).

He's also done some great colors for me and my husband. My husband's Ciclon requested "Cosair blue," and Sherwood replied to him, "Oh you mean like the Black Sheep Squadron" (from WWII). My husband said: "Sherwood understands."

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    He's also done some great colors for me and my husband. My husband's Ciclon requested "Cosair blue," and Sherwood replied to him, "Oh you mean like the Black Sheep Squadron" (from WWII). My husband said: "Sherwood understands."
    Yeah, the BSS have a deep history in American military aviation.......just like the 555th - Triple Nickel......"Once Green always Green" is their moto which is why my Alpino is Green

And Ventana CS is top notch.

CEO Product Failure

Good job!

Sherwood and Teresa are the BEST! I had an issue with my '07 (?) Ciclon and they COMPLETELY took care of me. How well did they take care of me? I'm not even sure I can post all of the details.

After a two month hiatus from riding my Ventana, I was able to ride it again this past Monday...and Tuesday...and Wednesday. I so much love this bike. The personal attention and passion from Sherwood and Teresa are uncommon in any business. I truly appreciate their dedication and continued presence in the cycling community.