Thread: Vat iz dis?

CEO Product Failure

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Vat iz dis?

http://www.dreambike.com/ours.htm

Apologies if they've already been posted but it looks like a lesser known population of Ventanas exist out there.

the train keeps rollin
    Ventanaz wis lameazz logoz...
    beaver hunt

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    yeah...they sell "customized" ventanas...

It still has the Ventana sticker on the downtube!

From the website:
    "The Mutant HD build for taller or heavier, more agressive riders may require an X-frame modification (additional $150) for strength."

I don't see a mention of Ventana anywhere on the site.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    That man is crazy, pretty well established in other posts here.

He does state they are Ventanas somewhere (or used to, that is how I found his site).

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero

He does state they are Ventanas somewhere (or used to, that is how I found his site).
    yeah, here:
    http://www.dreambike.com/others.htm
    and
    http://www.dreamride.com/thepackage.html

Thanks to the folks at Ventana and Moots, especially Sherwood Gibson of Ventana, for making stuff for us. We piggyback on Sherwood's hard work to create long travel trail bikes with tuned handling qualities specific to one riders needs. Sherwood is a very important part of the process when you get a Dreamride Fully. Many VENTANA FRAME MODELS are offered as part of The Package. If you are looking for the ultimate Moab bike, an all mountain/black diamond hybrid built for us Sherwood Gibson, THE DREAMRIDE MUTANT is a huge advantage over rough terrain.

CEO Product Failure
    I think the x-frame mod they're refering to is going from a diamond frame (salts/ciclon) to an "X" frame (X-5/X-6). It is interesting their marketing spin and I'm wondering if Sherwood has dedicated colors for them; their red doesn't look like the Ventana red I've seen on Ciclons. Plus I've never seen a purple Ventana before.

Why anyone would prefer to eliminate the Ventana head badge from a $5-7,000 custom bike is well beyond me. Crazy, crazy, crazy.

I do find it interesting that the spec of their bikes is almost identical to my Ciclon, King wheels and all. Still though...its a day dream for the lottery. I mean custom bike, a weeks worth of privately guided tours in Moab, and a schweet place to crash somewhere around Wall St. Who wouldn't appreciate that, if money weren't the issue.