Thread: Ti spring

ajr
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Ti spring

Is anyone using a Romic with a ti spring on their Ventana?

Powered by ice cream.

No, but...

I just installed a romic on my 5" Salt. It has the steel spring. It is heavy, but what I really noticed was an immediate improvement in ride plushness (coming from a fox float air). Also, I found that I was clearing steep uphill sections on loose stuff better than before. It seems the rear is hooking up better with the Romic.

I have a question for the board: Everyone on the reviews talks about the "antibob" features of the romic...I found that it bobs as much, or more than my float, (but outperforms it). Do I need to do something special with the rebound or compression to get the anti bob features of the shock to work? My impression was that the antibob action of the shock was independent of the rebound/compression adjustment? Any ideas?
    Thanks

ajr
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by enelnelson
    I just installed a romic on my 5" Salt. It has the steel spring. It is heavy, but what I really noticed was an immediate improvement in ride plushness (coming from a fox float air). Also, I found that I was clearing steep uphill sections on loose stuff better than before. It seems the rear is hooking up better with the Romic.

I have a question for the board: Everyone on the reviews talks about the "antibob" features of the romic...I found that it bobs as much, or more than my float, (but outperforms it). Do I need to do something special with the rebound or compression to get the anti bob features of the shock to work? My impression was that the antibob action of the shock was independent of the rebound/compression adjustment? Any ideas?
    Thanks
    I felt my Romic was not performing as it should, I returned it to the UK service centre and they said it had not been assembled with the correct amount of oil. When I fittedit back on my X5 it was totally different and does not move against normal pedal force,even hard out of the saddle efforts dont seem to over activate it.
    Attached Images Attached Images