Thread: TerreMoFo et al

Neg reppers r my biatches

TerreMoFo et al

What's a girl to do when they can't ride on the weekend......they buy and/or build stuff up

Busy few days.......

* took apart GT Xizang yesterday as it will be replaced.....new bike ordered Thursday

* Ventana still Comandante at shop getting a new headset (since I dont dare even buy tools to be able to do that)

* El Rey got a face lift with new M4 brakes front and rear. Since I got the bike 3 months ago have updated saddle, bashguard for big ring, replaced bars, replaced brakes, and today shifter cables

* And of course the new TerreMoFo finished builiding up today....I love weekends!

Some random pics of El Rey in its FINAL form with above-mentioned parts update from its original form 3 months ago
    * Gamut Bash
    * FSA Gravity Carbon bars
    * Selle Italia SLR XC saddle
    * M4 brakes
    * Clark stainless steel shifter cables

TerreMoFo Build

And I cant forgot my (SS) roots

And I call this one "I27" (taken last night before moto finished)

Final El Rey Build

Frame = El Rey
    Rear shock = PUSHed RP23 w/ large canister
    Fork = Fox F29
    Bars = FSA Gravity Carbon DH Bars
    Stem = Thomson
    Seatpost = Moots setback
    Headset = King
    Wheels = I9 hubs (silver front, black rear) w/ half silver half black spokes, laced to Stans Flows
    Cranks = Truvativ w/ Gamut Bashguard
    Pedals = Shimano 540 I think
    Grips = ODI Lock on Oury
    Brakes = Hope M4 w/ 183mm rotors both ends , braided lines
    Shifters = SRAM X9 triggers
    Front Der = SRAM X9
    Rear Der = SRAM X9
    Shifter cables = Clark
    Cassette = SRAM I think
    Tires = Rampages
    Saddle = Selle Italia SLR XC
    Seatpost clamp = Salsa

Weight = smidgen over 29 lbs w/ tubes

Final TerreMoFo build

Frame = Terremoto
    Rear shock = PUSHed RP23 w/ bottom out mech feature apparently
    Fork = Marz 66 ATA
    Bars = Deity
    Stem = Syncros AM
    Seatpost = Thomson
    Headset = FSA
    Wheels = I9 red hubs and spokes laced to DT 5.1
    Cranks = Hones w/ Gamut Bashguard
    Pedals = Shimano 647
    Grips = ODI Lock on Intense
    Brakes = Hope M6 front / M4 rear, braided lines
    Shifters = SRAM X9 triggers
    Front Der = SRAM X9
    Rear Der = SRAM X7
    Shifter cables = Clark
    Cassette = SRAM I think
    Tires = Bettys
    Saddle = WTB Pure V

Weight = 34.8 lbs (need to add 0.2 lbs to make a real AM bike)
    Last edited by FoShizzle; 02-23-2008 at 07:40 PM.

So is your face
    Wow, Fo you officially have the sickest stable of bikes ever. I am jealous. Now where was it that you lived again? Oh, and I'll also need to know where you hide your spare key.
    IT'S NOT THE FALL THAT HURTS. IT'S WHEN YOU HIT THE GROUND.

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Those are some sick bikes are you in a race with Aaron? So what is the new bike?

Team Fearless Descender
    Well, I didn’t get a chance to “pre-fondle” the Moto, as we had planned, but despite that, I’m still impressed! Way nice! I like the “SS” cap on the stem. Nice touch.

Let me know if you want me to come over and help you install that extra set of bike hangers in the rafters of your garage. You’re going to need some place “permanent” for that thing to live.

We need to do a HIP / VIP here in the SoCal?
    Last edited by El Salt; 02-24-2008 at 09:04 AM.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

Ti is addictive
    Man Fo....You are one sick moFo.......good on you

Let me guess.....geared rigid 29er?????? or 650 El Bastardo?????
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

Bodhisattva
    The MoFo needs a gravity dropper

When can we expect to see El Bastardo added to your lineup?
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Oh man, the stable is looking sick... and because you never ride, they always look so new.

but the TerreMo"Fo" part is so ghey

Quote Originally Posted by El Salt
    We need to do a HIV / VIP here in the SoCal?
    yo T, you might want to watch the spelling there.... you don't want what Fo's got

mtbr member

I would call it expensive weekend...

I like your taste... they are beautiful.

Powered by ice cream.
    That thar is a nice stable o' bikes.

Especially the El Rey. Perfect except for the rather pedestrian (for you) cranks. Nothing wrong with them, and I have at least one set on my SS. Just don't match the wow factor of the rest of the bikes.

All your bikes need gravity droppers

I can hear you about the weather. I apparently only ride rigid SS anymore since it is the only thing that survives the mud.
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    And I thought I had a bike obsession. You are at once tragic and awesome.

mtbr member
    Fo, how do like the El Terre compared to the RFX it replaced? I ride an 06' RFX and pretty satisfied with it as my one, do all bike, but lI'm liking the geo' of the El Terre a little better on paper, just wandering how the ride differs from an RFX.

JG
    Ride On!

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Proof positive that people should not drop acid before coming up with a build scheme.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    The MoFo needs a gravity dropper

When can we expect to see El Bastardo added to your lineup?
    Dont be silly....i will be buying no more bikes this month

As for the Gravity Diaper, good idea....that will get me back up above 35 for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Man Fo....You are one sick moFo.......good on you

Let me guess.....geared rigid 29er?????? or 650 El Bastardo?????
    close.....the replacement of the GT (which is fully rigid) will indeed be a fully rigid bike, but a single speed. Nothing exotic but a bike from one of my other favorite companies (On One). Not a favorite in the same way Ventana IS my favorite, but I think the owner is a cool dude and their value is outstanding and the listen to customers
    Last edited by FoShizzle; 02-23-2008 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nintense
    I like your taste... they are beautiful.
    Thanks Nir.....appreciate the kind words. Now if I could only ride HALF as good as you I would be worthy of the bikes....

Quote Originally Posted by Enel
    That thar is a nice stable o' bikes.

Especially the El Rey. Perfect except for the rather pedestrian (for you) cranks. Nothing wrong with them, and I have at least one set on my SS. Just don't match the wow factor of the rest of the bikes.

All your bikes need gravity droppers

I can hear you about the weather. I apparently only ride rigid SS anymore since it is the only thing that survives the mud.
    yeah.....while "pedestrian" they work fine and in fact, the Hones are nothing exotic but darn if they dont work well. i dont see replacing the cranks to be honest....but we will see...

Quote Originally Posted by jgusta
    Fo, how do like the El Terre compared to the RFX it replaced?
    I will tell you in the fall when I actually get around to riding it though it sure feels good to be TURNER FREE!!! No longer do I have anything in common with the likes of douchebagz aquaholic, rroeder, renegade, to name a few.......the only Homer I can tolerate is Jerk_Chicken

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Dec 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker4life
    Those are some sick bikes are you in a race with Aaron? So what is the new bike?

Oh please, the boy is still a crooked number behind me.
    We'll just ignore that the average age of my frames is 4 years old!

Fo, Saweet build out! But I don't know if I should be proud or scared that we run the same brakes, same bash guard and shifters! Great minds think alike or have I gone FoGhey?

AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

ISO Gems...
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    I will tell you in the fall when I actually get around to riding it though it sure feels good to be TURNER FREE!!! No longer do I have anything in common with the likes of douchebagz aquaholic, rroeder, renegade, to name a few.......the only Homer I can tolerate is Jerk_Chicken
    Awe come on, you love the dungeons & dragons underworld stuff

Very nice ride, but the bike is inferior without a CCDB...

D

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciclistagonzo
    Oh please, the boy is still a crooked number behind me.
    We'll just ignore that the average age of my frames is 4 years old!

Fo, Saweet build out! But I don't know if I should be proud or scared that we run the same brakes, same bash guard and shifters! Great minds think alike or have I gone FoGhey?

AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
    To my knowledge, you and Fo had the same dealer pushing that goodness. I just want to know who sold him those ghey carbon bars and Ti seat post......they stand out like big zit....totally out of place. Actually, if I remember Fo was talking some time back the gheyness of carbon bars.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty D
    Awe come on, you love the dungeons & dragons underworld stuff

Very nice ride, but the bike is inferior without a CCDB...

D
    haha...CCDBs are far too homer approved nowadays...

I have a felling this shock will be more than enough. It can run REAL low PSI without fear of bottoming out (El Beastro help me out here.....i am just going by what you told me)

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    wow......damn Fo...for a ghey non-riding roadie...that stable is looking awesome....

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Hot sticky buns...

Abso-Bloody-lutely MoFO

One Asskickin' Ride.

but, gawdamn the bars are high with risers and the AM stem

Turned out better than I would have thought with the red.

That picture of all 3 next to each other makes me jealous...you suck.

Great builds...now you just have to find a way to make them dirty that doesn't include dust.

mtbr member

Fo,you da man.

How's does it compare to the RFFlex? HUH, how's freedom compared to 3 to 5 in state prison. Much like prison the RFFlex blows.No GD seatpost those things are SOOOOO GHEY!!(ask any Homer)Truth be told that thing would just be to sick for words with a CCDB(Sorry)And trust me the CCDB was WAY cool before those loser's on Turner's put their seal of approval on it,so don't let those clowns keep you from getting one.As much as I wish you were on a Nicolai or a Knolly you sure have made the Ventana boys VERY proud (and for very good reason) Ventana has it all over Turner,always has, always will.Very,Very,nice stable Foshiz,but than I don't need to tell you that. CF...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    CF- you can stop trying to blow Fo now, thanks! I have owned both Turners and Ventanas and they are pretty damn close with their own geometry and pivot differences that people prefer. Quit being such a jacka$$ all the time.

Nice stable Fo...even the Beastro-defiled ones are looking good. I'm starting to keep an eye on that El Bastardo but have to wait for the geometry #s to be published. If it is close to the Ciclon but a slight bit more nimble, I'll seriously consider getting one this year.

nerfherder
    I forgot you owned those awesome copper I9s. I'm jealous.

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    CF- you can stop trying to blow Fo now, thanks! I have owned both Turners and Ventanas and they are pretty damn close with their own geometry and pivot differences that people prefer. Quit being such a jacka$$ all the time.

Oh no you didn't.........

Here comes the PAIN

― Albert Einstein

Team Fearless Descender
    Quote Originally Posted by burner

yo T, you might want to watch the spelling there

Thanks Burn... Yea, super bad typo there... I'm feeling so cr@ppy this weekend, have that nasty cold / flu thing that the whole country seems to have. That's one of the reasons I didn't get to check out Fo's new ride(s) pre-build.

Again, sorry to all the "Homers" (spelling double checked on that word!), but we should get some sort of HIP/VIP ride to happen here in the "SoCal". That would be a blast.

-Todd
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Dayum Fo! That's a mighty pretty stable of bike ya got there. Someday, when the dirt dries out around here (Could be April at this rate) you'll have to bring those things up this way.

Good job, and thanks for helping me realize I'm not the biggest MTBR bling-weenie in Santa Barbara and Ventura counties (though I'm really trying hard to catch up).

rr
    I don't do PC
    That's one bad MoFo of a stable for sure, no doubt the TerreMoFo kicks the RFleX's arse!

I would recommend a seatpost change on the El GheyRey tho, and my Sultan weighs UNDER 29lbs biznitch, with thru axle and a real man's seatpost!

Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    Abso-Bloody-lutely MoFO

One Asskickin' Ride.

but, gawdamn the bars are high with risers and the AM stem
    perhaps by some folks standards.....it IS an AM bike and I like bikes tall up front, its just a preference. So long as there are not tons of spacers (which I dont have) I like the look and feel. besides, I couldnt get a black and white zero rise stem

honestly though, geo etc. is SO overworried about......my ventana 29er single speed is also WAY taller than 99% of 29er riders' rigs are up front....its how i like it foo

Quote Originally Posted by RSutton1223
    Turned out better than I would have thought with the red.
    thanks man....yeah, i was worried about that too. getting rid of a red headset and seatpost clamp was enough for it to end up looking good, ghey, but good

Nice stable Fo...even the Beastro-defiled ones are looking good. I'm starting to keep an eye on that El Bastardo but have to wait for the geometry #s to be published. If it is close to the Ciclon but a slight bit more nimble, I'll seriously consider getting one this year.
    Fred has a right to an opinion just like everybody else and for some reason gets called out on it more often than others . His opinion is voiced far less than most Homers' opinions about how much OTHER bikes suck in comparison, not even close. And c'mon, why not call out all the idiot 29er zealots who TRULY are annoying about their incessant blasting of "kiddie wheels" any chance they get...gimme a break. Its the internet so who friggin cares anyway about people trying to rile other people up.

There are lots of bikes that are probably equal or close to equal by varying algorithms but owning a Ventana is WAY better than owning a Turner for me so i disagree, for many reasons.

As for the El Bastardo, I am waiting for El Beastro to order one so I can buy it

Quote Originally Posted by 2TurnersNotEnough
    Dayum Fo! That's a mighty pretty stable of bike ya got there. Someday, when the dirt dries out around here (Could be April at this rate) you'll have to bring those things up this way.

Good job, and thanks for helping me realize I'm not the biggest MTBR bling-weenie in Santa Barbara and Ventura counties (though I'm really trying hard to catch up).
    haha, nothing like a little friendly competition Yeah, April sounds good....I am swamped at work till mid March then go to Hawaii for 2 weeks but when i get back its on!

Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    That's one bad MoFo of a stable for sure, no doubt the TerreMoFo kicks the RFleX's arse!

I would recommend a seatpost change on the El GheyRey tho, and my Sultan weighs UNDER 29lbs biznitch, with thru axle and a real man's seatpost!
    Thanks Dick

As for the post, LOL, I actually love it (even though who knows where the hell that thing has been when El Beastro owned it). It sets me up in the perfect position. I did just order a new bike Thursday and it turns out it too uses a 27.2 post so i may move it to that bike to match the Ti bars that will go on it, and replace with a Thomson setback so everybody stops their b!tchin about it

As for your Sultan, sick bike, for a Dick anyway. As for your ghey fork, what does 20mm have to do with it? That adds almost no relative weight...I am not a phat ass like you so the 9mm axle up front it plenty , seriously.

"Its All Good"
    Brah, a dam fine stable of triplets, with one stiff one to come....

Looking good, its going to be even more difficult to stand Aqua and I up now, especially with the TerreMoFo, that puppy needs to come play with the Huffy and the Nicolai...

Very nice indeed............... Enjoy
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

rr
    I don't do PC
    Honestly, I'm sick of breaking out the tools to take the front wheel off for transport, maybe I need to get a diff rack but I hate the upright racks on top of the veh.

If RS doesn't come out with something w/Maxle that will work on the Sultan, I will probably try the Fox 120 and convert to the DT QR system, I do like the 20mm axle tho for my mad skillz on the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Brah, a dam fine stable of triplets, with one stiff one to come....

Looking good, its going to be even more difficult to stand Aqua and I up now, especially with the TerreMoFo, that puppy needs to come play with the Huffy and the Nicolai...

Very nice indeed............... Enjoy
    no doubt dawg...by the way, when are we gonna be neighbors?

Honestly, I'm sick of breaking out the tools to take the front wheel off for transport, maybe I need to get a diff rack but I hate the upright racks on top of the veh.

If RS doesn't come out with something w/Maxle that will work on the Sultan, I will probably try the Fox 120 and convert to the DT QR system, I do like the 20mm axle tho for my mad skillz on the bike.
    i hear yuh....I have a Transport rack on the hitch so no fussing with wheels ever, except for the rare flat tire.

as for the Fox with DT 9mm, if its good enough for El Beastro, who does have madd skillz and who is not built like a 12-year old girl like me, its gonna be good enough for most folks I suspect.

as for you madd skillz, dont pretend you are Renegade you friggin poseur!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Fo, you hardly ride so I'll give you a free pass on that one. Your preferences are from an aesthetic perspective, preferably white powdercoat

All Freddie does is bash Turners like a clown- probably because he got one hell of a reaming on that forum a couple of times. I can respect his opinion but not if all he spouts are emotional and hateful tirades all the time. It does nothing to alienate riders from Turners. If anything it alienates riders from his opinions and what he rides. I like Ventanas and Turners, having owned two of each. I prefer the stiffness and aesthetic quality of the Ventanas but I also have a slight preference for the geometry and suspension characteristics of the Turners I have owned. FWIW, I have not owned them all- just a X-5, Saltamontes, Flux, and Spot. I'm evidently not gnar-worthy as the Fo-Fred combo.

I don't like a couple of bikes at all but you don't see me going around bashing them every chance I get.
    Last edited by crisillo; 02-24-2008 at 12:10 PM.

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    I blame this hostility and unrest on Fo. See what you have done Fo? Are you satisfied now?

Regards,

Aqua

PS After sleeping on it, I decided to give your TerremoFo another look this morning.

Nope...that thing still makes me want to poke my eyes out.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

"Its All Good"
    Well I blame it all on Mike and Specialized.........
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

jealousy is ugly
    Last edited by crisillo; 02-24-2008 at 12:06 PM.

Fo, you hardly ride so I'll give you a free pass on that one. Your preferences are from an aesthetic perspective, preferably white powdercoat
    Feel free to pretend e-riding translates to anything on the trail...

as for my preference, everybody has a bias and my bias clearly is tied to what defines "the company" as a whole, based on my definition, you define it the way you want. As such, there is NO comparison between Ventana and Turner, period. The only other company I am aware of that according to my algorithm that is in the same league is Knolly.

I'm evidently not gnar-worthy as the Fo-Fred combo.
    dont feel bad, nobody is
    Last edited by FoShizzle; 02-24-2008 at 11:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My e-riding will never be close to your e-riding. I see your secret- you ride alone in order to not bring shame on others. Very noble.....maybe when you come to Colorado, you can ride a bit slow so I don't get too humiliated. I'll also let Larry know so he can start riding a bit harder

As far as the Turner-Ventana debate goes, I can't say anything bad about either. Of course, Ventana is smaller, entirely handmade, and made in-house. That gives them an edge in frame quality control over almost anybody. However, I love the way Turners ride and the way they go out of their way to treat people well. I think I'l be quite content with one of each and I hold both companies in high regard.

My e-riding will never be close to your e-riding. I see your secret- you ride alone in order to not bring shame on others. Very noble.....maybe when you come to Colorado, you can ride a bit slow so I don't get too humiliated. I'll also let Larry know so he can start riding a bit harder

As far as the Turner-Ventana debate goes, I can't say anything bad about either. Of course, Ventana is smaller, entirely handmade, and made in-house. That gives them an edge in frame quality control over almost anybody. However, I love the way Turners ride and the way they go out of their way to treat people well. I think I'l be quite content with one of each and I hold both companies in high regard.
    you missed the point...my e-riding implies I don't ride and couldnt make it up a fireroad if my life depended on it. think what you want....

as for larry, squeaky and beastro for that matter, i wouldn't plan on keeping up with them in most cases but the VAST majority of riders, puuhhhleezze

p.s. Turners suck so keep drinking the kool-aid all you want. There is nothing they do well except attract dufus owners like flys on sh1t.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I know Fo- I was just messing with you. I will start this season by walking up a fireroad or two before I can even ride a mile.

I know Fo- I was just messing with you. I will start this season by walking up a fireroad or two before I can even ride a mile.
    having said that, i am "trying" to plan a trip to CO this summer to I can give El Beastiality a hug in person for being dumb enough to get ride of 2 psick rides!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    That would be a blast. Between Larry, Beast, Squeaky (I know, you hate him to) and me, we could show you some fantastic trails. As mean as we are, we treat guests very well. Well, except for Beastro- he tries to sell them stuff all the time. Oh wait, he took care of that with you already so you should be fine.

Perpetual slow motion
    Feb 2007

Did Beastiality throw in his camo-whamo riding fatigues too?

" width="549">
    The more I drink, the smarter you get.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    perhaps by some folks standards.....it IS an AM bike and I like bikes tall up front, its just a preference. So long as there are not tons of spacers (which I dont have) I like the look and feel. besides, I couldnt get a black and white zero rise stem

honestly though, geo etc. is SO overworried about......my ventana 29er single speed is also WAY taller than 99% of 29er riders' rigs are up front....its how i like it foo

I like tall front end too... but I forgot you size up much longer than me but I am much thicker. Both valid ways to reach an orgasm whist riding.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I like my bar being maybe an inch lower than my seat max. I run my seat pretty high so my bar is closer to 3 inches lower than the seat. I had to break down and use spacers (I know- all those spacers do look a bit silly) and am contemplating getting yet another stem (this will be the third one) to raise the bars up another 7-8mm. I'd get a higher rise bar but the Syntace I have has no (or very little) upsweep and I like that.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

mmm.... so easily agitated.

CF can blow Fo if he wants to as he is of age.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    All Mountain- You make a very good point and Fo says he appreciates that.

CF can blow Fo if he wants to as he is of age.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Great looking stable there. I do hope that I won't get the itch to expand my bike holdings, the El Rey is enough for me now. I too am hoping to get out to Colorado some time in the Spring/Fall and maybe I can bug Larry some more about my bike, I'm sure by that time he will up for more questions from me. Enjoy the ride once the rains stop, I know I'm "fizzing at the bung" (trademark-Whafe) to get another ride on my new steed.

So is your face
    no doubt dawg...by the way, when are we gonna be neighbors?

Whafe, are you moving to Los Angeles?
    IT'S NOT THE FALL THAT HURTS. IT'S WHEN YOU HIT THE GROUND.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinfan
    Great looking stable there. I do hope that I won't get the itch to expand my bike holdings, the El Rey is enough for me now. I too am hoping to get out to Colorado some time in the Spring/Fall and maybe I can bug Larry some more about my bike, I'm sure by that time he will up for more questions from me. Enjoy the ride once the rains stop, I know I'm "fizzing at the bung" (trademark-Whafe) to get another ride on my new steed.
    thanks Z....looks like i wont be on a bike (on weekends anyway) till April but at that point will be hitting the local scene hard

Bodhisattva
    That would be a blast. Between Larry, Beast, Squeaky (I know, you hate him to) and me, we could show you some fantastic trails. As mean as we are, we treat guests very well. Well, except for Beastro- he tries to sell them stuff all the time. Oh wait, he took care of that with you already so you should be fine.
    Eff that

You can show the douchebag around

― Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    thanks Z....looks like i wont be on a bike (on weekends anyway) till April but at that point will be hitting the local scene hard
    I can relate, I'm working 6 days/week and 12 hrs/day atm and it looks to continue through all of March and probably lots of April too. Mondays are my one day to get out and ride, hope the weather will hold off a bit, it hasn't been too bad yet (fingers crossed)

T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004
    Put a real fork on that friggin moto with a 1.5 steerer tube for petes sake...............it makes the 1.125 look wimpy in comparison to the massive head tube ! To own a trio of Ventanas.........life is good ! TIG.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGMAN
    Put a real fork on that friggin moto with a 1.5 steerer tube for petes sake...............it makes the 1.125 look wimpy in comparison to the massive head tube ! To own a trio of Ventanas.........life is good ! TIG.
    indeed I wish the 66 was 1.5. love the fork and sure as heck wouldn't get a new one as it would ONLY be for aesthetic reasons. starting from scratch with the build I would have considered it though

involuntary dismounter
    if you lose the red, that El T will be worthy for some serious snow recon!

gotta say...the g.i. joe snow dude was my FAVE!

Solo Trail Explorer and Granny Gear Ninja!

friends will help you move, good friends will help you move a body...

rr
    I don't do PC
    For some reason the MoFo reminds me of the 80's band Wham, or maybe Flock of Seaguls

For some reason the MoFo reminds me of the 80's band Wham, or maybe Flock of Seaguls
    everything reminds you of Wham

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You are so mean spirited. Wham is still Fo's favorite band. He still has posters of George Micheal right next to a collage of the pictures Beasto sent him.

rr
    I don't do PC
    everything reminds you of Wham
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx7Gq...eature=related
    Last edited by rr; 02-26-2008 at 08:17 AM.

involuntary dismounter

well...the eighties ARE coming back! and if you're gonna POSE...you NEED to be in STYLE!!!

on a side note...one of my good friends VIOLENTLY hates that song...her soccer coach blasted it every time he made them run laps...so now every time i hear it i think of her hilarious rants!
    Solo Trail Explorer and Granny Gear Ninja!

friends will help you move, good friends will help you move a body...

mtbr member
    Yeah, I felt that way a bit when I finally fully "de-shimanoed" my ride.

I can only afford to have one bike, so the RFX it is. However, I have heard nothing by great things about the El Terre. Curious as why you went with air Fox shock on that bike instead of coil, or you could of least went with a Marz TST or Roco air.

Sweet looking ride none-the-less! Really liking the light camo now after looking at the pic a couple of times especially with the white wheels, bars, stem, etc. Let me know how she rides when you finally get out.

JG
    Ride On!

Quote Originally Posted by jgusta
    Yeah, I felt that way a bit when I finally fully "de-shimanoed" my ride.

I can only afford to have one bike, so the RFX it is. However, I have heard nothing by great things about the El Terre. Curious as why you went with air Fox shock on that bike instead of coil, or you could of least went with a Marz TST or Roco air.

Sweet looking ride none-the-less! Really liking the light camo now after looking at the pic a couple of times especially with the white wheels, bars, stem, etc. Let me know how she rides when you finally get out.

JG
    went with air shock cuz El Beastro was too selfish to sell it with the CCDB, and the Avalanche (favorite coil shock to date) was not transferable from the RFX unfortunately. Having said that, just putzing it feels great. I have no plans at this point to switch it to coil.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    went with air shock cuz El Beastro was too selfish to sell it with the CCDB, and the Avalanche (favorite coil shock to date) was not transferable from the RFX unfortunately. Having said that, just putzing it feels great. I have no plans at this point to switch it to coil.

what's El Beastro gunna do with a CCDB.... he's prolly fried his retina's starring into all the new lights built for him by cytoe

what's El Beastro gunna do with a CCDB.... he's prolly fried his retina's starring into all the new lights built for him by cytoe
    yeah!

thats right living legend
    Wow the new Terra looks nauseatingly (PSICK)! Sorry I just now ran across this thread... Thanks for the link! I never would have found it cause Ventana's blow, there for I never visit this forum.

But that TerrMoFo would change my mind if it didn't ride like a Ventana.

It's little more than a Turner, if Turners were stiff, and pedaled for $hit.
    Can't stop, Won't stop.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Hey Fo- Nice Terremoto.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Are you a E rider?

I have never seen a scratch or a speck of dirt on any of your bikes

Jaybo

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    I have never seen a scratch or a speck of dirt on any of your bikes

Jaybo
    riding is far too dangerous. dirt and the such decreases the poseability of ones bike

Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Wow the new Terra looks nauseatingly (PSICK)! Sorry I just now ran across this thread... Thanks for the link! I never would have found it cause Ventana's blow, there for I never visit this forum.

But that TerrMoFo would change my mind if it didn't ride like a Ventana.

It's little more than a Turner, if Turners were stiff, and pedaled for $hit.
    Hey BA, you KNOW if I took a low blow like that on the Titus forum you would be ALL over me, strangling me through my monitor. Comments like that are better reserved for me personally or the Homer forum. It doesnt bother me, its just that I hate to see such resentment used on this peaceloving forum when there are plenty of worthy soles much more deserving.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It was only a matter of time before the trolling/bashing started again. BA, you used to not troll around and bash bikes/brands. What happened to change that? I understand CF's stance since the Homers and he had some major run ins and he has some rage issues (maybe rightly so- he is who he is) but what is it with you? Some Homers tick you off too?

I don't like some bikes (for example, I find some bikes too flexy or with bad weight distribution) but we don't go around bashing your brands or any brand on a constant basis, especially in other forums. Firstly, it does nothing to diminish the popularity of that brand and makes people even more intrigued. Second, when you constantly bash a brand or group, it makes you lose a lot of credibility and makes you look overly emotionally and unreasonably biased.

If I though you were a complete troll or nutbag, I would not bother commenting. As it stands, I think you're better than that so it surprises me when I see you jump on that bandwagon as well since it seems you don't do it in jest but out of spite.

Hey BA, you KNOW if I took a low blow like that on the Titus forum you would be ALL over me, strangling me through my monitor. Comments like that are better reserved for me personally or the Homer forum. It doesnt bother me, its just that I hate to see such resentment used on this peaceloving forum when there are plenty of worthy soles much more deserving.
    I'm gonna call you FOOshizzle from now on Foo! Dude that bikes SICK with a capital P... FOOL!!! Are you kidden me! A camo TerraMoFo, UTTER PPPSICKNESS!!!! I swear, you've never had ANY sense of humer. You need to learn to kid around once in a while.... your more rigid than I get at a middle school wrestling tournament.

Fyer, quit being a weenie.
    Can't stop, Won't stop.

Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    I'm gonna call you FOOshizzle from now on Foo! Dude that bikes SICK with a capital P... FOOL!!! Are you kidden me! A camo TerraMoFo, UTTER PPPSICKNESS!!!! I swear, you've never had ANY sense of humer. You need to learn to kid around once in a while.... your more rigid than I get at a middle school wrestling tournament.

Fyer, quit being a weenie.
    Your words were very hurtful and I thought you were breaking up with me

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Nobody could ever break up with Fo. I mean, even Squeaky and TSC love him to no end.

Blackie, I'm going to have to keep an eye on you. You worry me after you took that dang fall.

Nobody could ever break up with Fo. I mean, even Squeaky and TSC love him to no end.

Blackie, I'm going to have to keep an eye on you. You worry me after you took that dang fall.
    You might be on to something.
    Can't stop, Won't stop.

Time is not a road.
    I can't believe Beast sold that bike after waiting for months to get it painted.

Dood!!!!???

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    I can't believe Beast sold that bike after waiting for months to get it painted.

Dood!!!!???
    Well.....he only has to wait 3 weeks this time to get his new frame painted

Look for it in the classifieds about a year from now

― Albert Einstein

Lay off the Levers
    Geezes Freakshizzle.

Why would you waste all the garage space on that misplaced wall art. I'm sure the only time you move them is to take out the trash.
    Somebody ought to call Bike Protective Services on you for criminal neglect.

Did you say you're going to Hawaii AGAIN!!!???

I'd kick you in the nutz but your forehead is a much bigger target.
    Gawd I hate you!

(envy has nothing to do with it either... nope not at all...dammit!)
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    Geezes Freakshizzle.

Why would you waste all the garage space on that misplaced wall art. I'm sure the only time you move them is to take out the trash.
    Somebody ought to call Bike Protective Services on you for criminal neglect.

Did you say you're going to Hawaii AGAIN!!!???

I'd kick you in the nutz but your forehead is a much bigger target.
    Gawd I hate you!

(envy has nothing to do with it either... nope not at all...dammit!)
    Zilla...you could own one too...they'll even do your favorite colors!

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic
    Proof positive that people should not drop acid before coming up with a build scheme.

Whatevs. Drop as much acid as you wish. That bike is sick!

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    Drop as much acid as you wish.
    Don't worry, he will

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    That bike is sick!
    Thanks

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Well.....he only has to wait 3 weeks this time to get his new frame painted

Look for it in the classifieds about a year from now
    You can paint a plushie?

Nothing to see here.

Tame the Penguin!
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    You can paint a plushie?
    Don't be a hater SSINGA!

BTW...a friend of mine wants to say "Hi":

--Beast
    Last edited by El Beastro; 03-04-2008 at 10:47 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0