Thread: Tandem Racing!

Proud lame eBiker

Tandem Racing!

So took the Shark Blue Tandem out for it's second ride....a race! Threw on my buddy PJ on the back and went and ripped it up. Tandems.....they are FUN!

I condensed about 50minutes of footage into less tan 7 to show some of the highlights. Especially with about 1:30 to go in the video, some smarty pants thought he could out-corner us. NOT! It's worth the time to watch.

Combined weight of riders and bike was a smidge over 500lbs.....get out the WAY fools!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49idqB7dgKo
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Team Fearless Descender
    Does it feel like your always just about to be caught and passed when you're the pilot on a tandem? There's always "some guy" right on your tail! LOL.

Great fun on the video! Love it.

@ about 6min, that guy on the left! Ooops! :-)

Who was the the other tandem? Not Sherwood and son?
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    So took the Shark Blue Tandem out for it's second ride....a race! Threw on my buddy PJ on the back and went and ripped it up. Tandems.....they are FUN!

I condensed about 50minutes of footage into less tan 7 to show some of the highlights. Especially with about 1:30 to go in the video, some smarty pants thought he could out-corner us. NOT! It's worth the time to watch.

Combined weight of riders and bike was a smidge over 500lbs.....get out the WAY fools!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49idqB7dgKo
    Nice done Myke, but you need a chest cam, we need to see you working that machine!

And that turn at 6:00 classic, I get the oddest questions when I'm out on the tandem, I once was asked if my daughter was "helping"..I replied, "we're passing you..."
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

PMK
    mtbr member
    Neat video. I hope to slip us into a closed course race soon as opposed to the distance stuff we currently ride.

We get crap all the time from singles that don't want to get passed. My stoker no longer freaks out, knowing a big tandem can find a small hole and make it big.

Was that your first serious ride as a team? Stokers have a hard job many times. Not sure how they do it. With practice, mine often has a sense of what I want the pedals to do, and where the bike needs to go. Thank god she doesn't freak out when it steps out sliding the back tire sideways.

Not the best climbers but they can rip DH if you let them.

PK

mtbr member
    Cool video! I especially like it when the father/son team blew past ya. Did you catch'em back?

Proud lame eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel66
    Cool video! I especially like it when the father/son team blew past ya. Did you catch'em back?
    Naw, they smoked us. That upcoming hil that we went into after they passed us, my stoker was too busy yapping about how sorry he was, that we got a bit lazy and by the time we crested the final hill they had a good 45 second gap. That's what we get for being 200+lbs heavier than the other tandem. They go uphill mucho faster!
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.