Thread: Stonegrinder

mtbr member

Stonegrinder

During a recent visit to Mountain High Cyclery, we had a chuckle over some funny bike names, ie Larry had a bike in the shop called the "Stonegrinder"

I recently had visions of the stonegrinder as I was grinding my el ciclon down some rocks at the local trail.

I guess if you don't grind a few stones every now and then, your not riding hard. But it painful to see a thing of beauty (the ventana powder coat) viciously defaced. I could care less about loosing skin, but aluminum on sandstone is hurts the heart.

so try and keep the rubber side down...

Team Fearless Descender
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAW
    I could care less about loosing skin, but aluminum on sandstone is hurts the heart...

I feel / have felt this 'pain'.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    auch... I feel your pain

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Claw, do you have a red Ciclon? If so, were you the guy I met at Buffalo Creek once last season. You were with a group of 7-8 riders. I was on a green Turner Spot and my buddy either had a black 575 or a black Spot (not sure if he still had the 575 at the time). I stopped and admired that Ciclon for a few and you mentioned getting it from Larry.

mtbr member
    Hey Flyer,

Yeah that was me. I think your buddy was on his Turner that day. I'm looking forward to getting back down to buff creek this spring!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Very cool. I dream of BC nowadays. I'm sure I'll run into you again over there and I can hardly wait to hit all those trails again.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAW
    During a recent visit to Mountain High Cyclery, we had a chuckle over some funny bike names, ie Larry had a bike in the shop called the "Stonegrinder"

I recently had visions of the stonegrinder as I was grinding my el ciclon down some rocks at the local trail.

I guess if you don't grind a few stones every now and then, your not riding hard. But it painful to see a thing of beauty (the ventana powder coat) viciously defaced. I could care less about loosing skin, but aluminum on sandstone is hurts the heart.

so try and keep the rubber side down...
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure we've all had one or two of those....Not good.

Have a drink or six and the pain will slowly fade away......until morning that is.