mtbr member
    Jun 2007

SRAM Type 2 Rear Mech & Ventana?

Anybody tried a SRAM Type 2 XO or X9 rear derailleur on the new style Ventana frames? I have a 2013 El Rey and have heard Type 2 is not compatible on these frames. Is this true? Is it a frame or dropout issue? I'm running standard QR dropouts. Appreciate the feedback.

fai
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I am using them on a Zeus with standard dropouts and an El Ciclon with 142 x 12.. How could it be an issue they fit the same as other mechs.
    AJR

Lightly salted
    Try calling Ventana and asking, they are usually good at answering the phone. I havn't tried, but I can't really see why it wouldn't work on the V frames?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Running my Zeus with a Type 2 XO on a 12x142mm axle. Have not had any problem...

AOK
    mtbr member

SRAM Type 2 Rear Mech & Ventana?

Running a XO type 2 on my 2012 El Rey without issue.

Hard to see how a clutch on the derailleur mechanism would be incompatible with the frame. What is supposed to not work?

Proud lame eBiker
    The Type 2 works. No questions.

What you might be referring too is that when you cycle through the travel enough, the chain growth causes the pulley arm of the der. to activate the type 2 clutch, which can be heard as an audible 'clunk'.

I personally have not heard it on a Ventana, but have heard it on a few VPP bikes in the shop. Gonna leave it at that. So it's something you might have read somewhere in the interwebs, but the Type 2 works on every bike that accepts a standard mounted rear der.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Team Hardcore Cornbread
    My only issue after six months XO type 2/Zeus is three new cables. I understand this to be a SRAM issue they are aware of and not a frame issue. It works great but invest in extra der cables.
    "Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul".

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by Skism View Post
    Anybody tried a SRAM Type 2 XO or X9 rear derailleur on the new style Ventana frames? I have a 2013 El Rey and have heard Type 2 is not compatible on these frames. Is this true? Is it a frame or dropout issue? I'm running standard QR dropouts. Appreciate the feedback.
    Have to agree with comments on them being a "non-issue" as far as using on Ventana fs frames go. But agree with others that their have been issues using them on fs frames in general:

SRAM type 2 derailleur issues

I'm still running 9spd on my bikes and since there isn't a clutch type available have ordered one of these to try out on my 1x Bastardo:

Bionicon USA C-Guide Chainguide

Name:  cguide_silver_polished.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  37.3 KB
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....