11 is one louder than 10

Somebody get me a gold toof! (final bike pictures)

Ok, well here it is. Since I didn't have foresight to get a red, orange or other pimpy color frame I went with basic black. So, as such I decided to try and add some pimpiness. Here are some pictures.

Only planned changes right now is a thomson 31.8 oversize stem when they hit this spring. The Marta's are new this season. I've kicked around the FSA carbon pro cranks since performance has them on sale, then with 20% and 10% back they wouldn't be a bad price. But otherwise, here it is. I wish the fork was black, but whatever.

Props go out to my peeps... Charles at Hammerhead who supplied many of the parts (and my bikes over the last few years), Mike at odds and endos who ended up doing the wheelbuild (I was once again too lazy to build my own wheels, he had the spokes and nips in stock already), and larry at mtn high, who has given some great advice on the build, and just unfortunately got caught in the king hub shortage of colors.

Big up's.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Green Giant; 02-26-2004 at 10:48 PM.

mtbr member
    That is a very nice bike, I would really like to try one some day, I would like to feel the difference between the X5 and a Chamuco. Different bikes I know, but not far off in intended use. If I were to sell the Chamuco right now it would be to replace it with a X5. At first I wanted a 5 Spot, but the frame really doesnt fit me, either the top tube length or standover, with the X5 I can have both the desired shortish TT and have great standover clearance, the only problem I can think of that I might not like is the 70deg head angle, but a Marzocchi fork would fix that.

JORBA: Six Mile Run

Nice!!

I love "bike bling". Some gold water bottle bolts and a rear der. hanger would look pimp! Take a look at my rear.(that sounds wrong)

Keep the bling going!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

bikebling !! that's funny

And on the Bling note :

Remember the license plates we had as kids with our name on them...howza bout' a custom plate with gold chain border, and the name ' Bike Bling' on it !! haha

Just joking about the above....a very nice bike !!

Ridden any good trails yet with it ?

later
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    chad@redbarnbicycles.com

11 is one louder than 10

I've got some miles on it

Around 200, I got it late last October and hit the trails until the snowfall. Fun bike, probably more than I need here in Michigan though. Not sure how I like the gold package though. There is a chance I may sell the wheels and headset off and go back more conservative on this bike. I like the bling, maybe not just the gold, black, silver. Schizophrenia is fun.

So, if anyone out there likes the wheels.. let me know.

tl1
    Bicyclist

That was quick!

I saw your gold stuff for sale at the MMBA board. I think it looks pretty good myself. If it was me, I'd add a black fork and call it a day, though I could probably live w/o the gold seatpost binder and crank bolts. I'd buy the wheels in a minute for my new black Pantera but my bicycling budget is blown for a few months on the new frame.

11 is one louder than 10

yeah, I'm going back and forth

A black fork would really be nice, I wish I could paint the lowers of the Talas, but you can't pull that one apart yourself, if so I'd just get them powdercoated black.

The seat binder and crank bolts are easily changed, still have the old ones. Still have a black king headset too... so we will see. I do like the wheels, so who knows. If I get a buyer great, if not, no biggie.

Baked Alaskan
    Major pimp GG, good to see you got to keep the x-5. I wanted to go with the gold toof (king HS) too, but there were none around when I bought the 5-spot. Sweet!

Ultimate Poseur

Bling is good...

Quote Originally Posted by Green Giant
    Ok, well here it is. Since I didn't have foresight to get a red, orange or other pimpy color frame I went with basic black. So, as such I decided to try and add some pimpiness. Here are some pictures.

Only planned changes right now is a thomson 31.8 oversize stem when they hit this spring. The Marta's are new this season. I've kicked around the FSA carbon pro cranks since performance has them on sale, then with 20% and 10% back they wouldn't be a bad price. But otherwise, here it is. I wish the fork was black, but whatever.

Props go out to my peeps... Charles at Hammerhead who supplied many of the parts (and my bikes over the last few years), Mike at odds and endos who ended up doing the wheelbuild (I was once again too lazy to build my own wheels, he had the spokes and nips in stock already), and larry at mtn high, who has given some great advice on the build, and just unfortunately got caught in the king hub shortage of colors.

Big up's.
    I think if you'd want to tone down the "bling" a bit I'd lose the seat collar and the chain ring bolts. Personally, I'd keep the wheels (maybe get black nips instead?) and the headset. After seeing your wheels I think that I should have got my kings in a color. Larry Mettler built my set, all black. Great looking bike...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Giant
    Around 200, I got it late last October and hit the trails until the snowfall. Fun bike, probably more than I need here in Michigan though. Not sure how I like the gold package though. There is a chance I may sell the wheels and headset off and go back more conservative on this bike. I like the bling, maybe not just the gold, black, silver. Schizophrenia is fun.

So, if anyone out there likes the wheels.. let me know.
    That looks like a large, yes? Nice set-up. Got a weight on her? How long was the wait on it?

Thanks, Rob