Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Super hot bike! Btw i have the same coppertone stingray as the one in the background.
    99% of the problems and questions posted here would be answered if people actually walked into a bicycle shop and asked

hot!
    any thoughts on that twenty6 vs 50mm chromag ranger, specifically the bar clamping width?
    How's the ks holding up?

mtbr member

I love red barn

My olds live in hamilton and when ever I visit I stop in to chat. They have a sick collection of old cruisers. Without a doubt the best shop in Montana.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Nice build, Chad! I owe you a call sometime to catch up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by unfluid one View Post
    hot!
    any thoughts on that twenty6 vs 50mm chromag ranger, specifically the bar clamping width?
    How's the ks holding up?

The clamp width on the twenty 6 is 45.5mm and the clamp width on the Chromag Ranger is 42.5

however those numbers may not be telling a person much since the twenty 6 faceplate is a two piece. So actual surface contact with the handlebar is less. '
    '

they're both badass stems and i like both. The twenty6 that i threw on the El Chucho was hot off the press and of course the matching anodised work just pushed me over the edge.

The KS seatpost has been nice.....however i experienced a pneumatic air lock of some sort this past week while riding with about an inch of drop. Until i forced it hard enough for the airlock to break free and it started working good again. Kinda weird.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Looks fantastic, Chad!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    How does the difference in wheel sizes feel? Does it feel like you the front is rolling nicely over the chunk and the rear is getting held up? Or does the extra travel make up the difference? I really like the green and orange combo really works well!

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
    Looks fantastic, Chad!
    get the hell out of this forum please. go give Mikesee some rep power or something. thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle View Post
    get the hell out of this forum please. go give Mikesee some rep power or something. thanks in advance
    You can do that now? That would be well-deserved. I see you have some impressive Rep Power as well. Did you get that from Rick and Jay?

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Jan 2004
    You can do that now? That would be well-deserved. I see you have some impressive Rep Power as well. Did you get that from Rick and Jay?
    Until I have even a fourth the rep power of Mikesee I feel worthless. I may even buy a front wheel from him for $2200 to help things. For the record, in the spirit of Lance Armstrong's interview (I still dont believe he doped and that he was framed to admit it), I am expecting an analogous confession by Mikesee since there is NO way he is clean

mtbr member
    Looks fantastic, Chad!

thanks mang !!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by discodave View Post
    How does the difference in wheel sizes feel? Does it feel like you the front is rolling nicely over the chunk and the rear is getting held up? Or does the extra travel make up the difference? I really like the green and orange combo really works well!

dave, the differences in wheel size is certainly noticeable when riding. For the most part i'd say the large front wheel has been very beneficial while decending. Just as you could imagine the front wheel plows over everything, the rear wheel follows well. The front wheel also has very good traction benefits when cornering hard, the rear wheel can break free in a very predictabe manner making this bike one of the more enjoyable decending bikes i've ever been on (in that 150mm category). It also wheelies super easy and jumps better than the 29ers full sups bikes that i've been on. Lots to like, for me a game changer on the decent.....easily keeping up with a pal of mine that typically rides harder without feeling like i'm working hard to do it.

The rolling trails of sun valley were a blast and for general single track i couldn't feel anything weird and the bike was a hoot. The bike pedals fast, is stable, and certainly gives you an aire of confidence.

About the only place i don't feel the bike excels ......super tech climbs, the front end flops a little bit when things get very challenging. I purposefully threw the 2pos Rock Shox to help with this and it does to a certain degree but I think it may be a characteristic of the big front wheel compounded by the relaxing of the seat tube when the rear shock compresses....or maybe i ride weird. : ) Either way i'm typically riding everything i have in the past. Just working a little harder for the high mark. Plus, i'm enjoying the decents so well that it's worth the minor hiccup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2