Just A Mountain Biker.

Shock Hardware - El Terremoto

Going to be picking up a Pushed Monarch AM from a local rider for my El T, what size shock hardware do I need if I want to buy new and not pull the spacers out of my RP23?

Also, are the RWC needle bearing kit(s) available for that model? Any information out there on removing/reinstalling the shock?

Thanks, sorry for sounding like a retard

Ultra Ventanaphile
    You ask valid questions for a new owner.

For your El T, you need 6mm x 54mm for the upper and 6mm x 22 for the lower. The upper is best sourced thru Ventana as they make the thru bolt design.

RWC does make a 6 x 54mm.

As far as removing the shock, pretty straight forward, the upper pivot bolt passes thru one rocker and threads into the other, Lower pivot requires a box wrench on the nut.

Post more q's if you got 'em.
    Last edited by Ciclistagonzo; 01-26-2012 at 11:15 AM.
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Or ride impressions!

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Just got the shock tonight! I will perform the surgery this weekend and hopefully get out for a ride.

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Quote Originally Posted by azbeerguy View Post
    Just got the shock tonight! I will perform the surgery this weekend and hopefully get out for a ride.
    Well, after a long couple of weeks I finally got out to ride the bike with the new shock. It totally transformed the ride from the stock HV RP23 (non-pushed) and certainly made the bike ride quite a bit higher in the travel and less prone to bob and sag too deep into the travel. I am still experimenting with it (air pressure & RT3 setting), will probably also add a RWC needle bearing kit soon.

Overall I am happy with the purchase of the shock, now the only thing really holding me back per se is the lack of an adjustable seatpost...I have ridden for 25 years and never needed one, but recently I am growing tired of having to stop and adjust my saddle while everyone else just keeps riding... I did my reasearch and options are obviously limited for 27.2 posts, so I opted for an X Fusion HiLo and I'll report back on how that works out.

Shovel Ready
    Let's see, from a rigid SS 29'er to a ET with adjustable post. You're back in hooligan status.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

Just A Mountain Biker.
    LOL good point. Feels good to be back!

Just A Mountain Biker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciclistagonzo View Post
    For your El T, you need 6mm x 54mm for the upper and 6mm x 22 for the lower. The upper is best sourced thru Ventana as they make the thru bolt design.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say the upper dimension listed above is a typo. I ordered a CCDBA today and followed the specs above, and while removing my Monarch tonight I realized quickly the upper bolt is much larger than the bottom. It should be an 8x54mm, and now I have a shock being delivered tomorrow with 6mm hardware. Frustrating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    26" isn't dead, it just got FAT

Ultra Ventanaphile

Yep, I brain farted on that one. Forgot the El T had the 8mm bolt, it's got a 6mm allen head on it. Funny, no El T owners commented on it.
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Yep, I brain farted on that one. Forgot the El T had the 8mm bolt, it's got a 6mm allen head on it. Funny, no El T owners commented on it.
    Well, the good news is that CC no longer uses the spherical bearings and odd-sized diameter for the DU bushings (changed with 2012 models, I didn't know until after-midnight research last night). The shock I just received has DU's installed, and it looks like I can just slide in my Ventana hardware and be in good shape! My evening ride is not ruined!!

edit: here it is fresh out of the box - I will post up pics tonight after it is mounted and some initial thoughts, although I think it is going to take me quite a while to get it dialed!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shock Hardware - El Terremoto-ccdba.jpg  

Last edited by blaklabl; 05-16-2013 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Had to add the picture!!

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Forgot the El T had the 8mm bolt, it's got a 6mm allen head on it.
    And the 6mm bolt has a 5mm head on it, FYI