Ultra Ventanaphile

Sea Otter Video.

Nothing Fancy, Brought the Go Pro along and for the while it did work (The GoPro that is) I got some of the ridgelines in the first part of the XC long course.

Gopro froze on me and I didn't get any of the tight singletrack sections

Anyway, a bit of distraction while we wait for spy shots!

Sea Otter Classic 2011 MTB Grand Fondo Ride from Ciclistagonzo on Vimeo.

-Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Kool video. So Steve just washed out in that sand pit? I noticed what appears a race plate on your bike......did you race or was that just a decoy to get you on the course? Where are the spy pics?

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Race plate is for the Grand Fondo, Everybody who participates at SO gets a plate.

Yeah Steve "Just" washed out. A) it's much steeper than it looks, B) much, much deeper sand and finer, like sugar sands than we have at GB.

Spy shots? I know not what you speak of.
    -Aaron G.

Team Chilidog!
    Thanks for the video Wow, that's a lot of sand this year. Sorry I missed it.

I should make it next year if you guys are up for having me along again. El Dragón is perfect for Planet Ord.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    The bottom of that hill was the worst of the sand. Almost all of the course was really hardpacked (at least this year). They removed the other long, sandy descent from the course.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes
    Thanks for the video Wow, that's a lot of sand this year. Sorry I missed it.

I should make it next year if you guys are up for having me along again. El Dragón is perfect for Planet Ord.
    What Paul said, quite the opposite, just that one hill which had us laughing as we descended. The rest was fast and dam near concrete hard, it was no suprise the pro's where sporting 29'er hardtails.

I myself rocked El Chiquo (650B hardtail) on Friday and quite enjoyed the conditions, I chose to ride the Salty on the Fondo to keep me from getting too beat up, hardpack and fast but also a bit choppy and rutted.
    -Aaron G.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    4life.
    I rode decently on the switchbacks, saved 2 front end washouts on fast gravely sweepers, I even caught a tiny bit of air over a few small humps, but Aaron gets me crashing on the bunny hill, and posts it. Thats what friends are for !!!