mtbr member
    May 2006

Sag on the Ciclon

Im just curious, how much sag do you all run on your El Ciclons?
    I have always heard sag in general should be setup at about 20%, but I think that might be a generic number. Is there a recomended setup for the ciclon or does it have other factors such as fork a2c, tire size, and so-on?
    Last edited by Three Phase; 02-21-2008 at 11:04 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Phase
    Im just curious, how much sag do you all run on your El Ciclons?
    I have always heard sag in general should be setup at about 20%, but I think that might be a generic number. Is there a recomended setup for the ciclon or does it have other factors such as fork a2c, tire size, and so-on?
    General rule is 25% XC, 33% AM.
    All depends on how you like the suspension setup.

I don't necessarily see where A2C, tire size and such would come into play. When riding more aggro stuff, you might run a larger tire up front, and sag the rear more, with a net effect of decreasing the HA.
    YMMV.

I would suggest running a bit more sag.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    General rule is 25% XC, 33% AM.
    All depends on how you like the suspension setup.

I don't necessarily see where A2C, tire size and such would come into play. When riding more aggro stuff, you might run a larger tire up front, and sag the rear more, with a net effect of decreasing the HA.
    YMMV.

I would suggest running a bit more sag.

Thanks,
    Those variables are just what came to mind when i thought about what might change HA & SA. I usually just eye it somewhere in that range, no tape measure involved. I was just curious what others do.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Phase
    Thanks,
    Those variables are just what came to mind when i thought about what might change HA & SA. I usually just eye it somewhere in that range, no tape measure involved. I was just curious what others do.
    Because I run a coil, I rarely measure sag. Very poor form, I know - but having to have a 2nd person and a tape measure is inhibitive to setting it.
    When I had an air can, I put an o-ring on the stanchion so that I could see w/o having to measure.

So how did you like the ride at about 20% sag?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    It varies before each ride a little, but It has been what I have gotten used to.
    I have just made the switch on the front end from a Revelation to a Nixon super 145, so the geometry changed slightly. I am waiting for the trails to dry up a bit so I can take it out, but in the driveway and street all feels good.