mtbr member
    Oct 2010

RP23 - what size bushings will i need

what size bushings will I need to buy for my RP23?

mtbr member
    That depends on what kind of bike you are going to put it on.

mtbr member
    shock bushings are press fit in the shock's eyelet to decrease friction. shock bushings are 1/2" (12.7mm) for fox shocks regardless on what kind of bike you use them. you might need different mounting hardware (shock bolt and spacers) depending on what bike you ride. a good overview can be found here:

http://www.tftunedshox.com/Miscellan...s-and-Bushings
    XC legs,
    DH balls...

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Are you referring to the DU Bushings or the Reducers......big difference. The reducers allow you to mount the shock to a particular frame whereas the DU Bushing is the pivot bearing that's pressed into the shock eyelet. Fox uses a 1/2" DU Bushing.......

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    shock bushings are press fit in the shock's eyelet to decrease friction. shock bushings are 1/2" (12.7mm) for fox shocks regardless on what kind of bike you use them. you might need different mounting hardware (shock bolt and spacers) depending on what bike you ride. a good overview can be found here:

my shock is currently being Push'd by TF tuned and they didn't know what mounting hardware I would need. The shock is going to go on a custom Quiring frame that I am currently having built up based on a 4" Ventana Swingarm. I think it'll be the same mounting hardware that would go on an El Salt.

mtbr member
    you can measure the size of your mounting hardware like here:

ok, just figured that you haven't got the frame at hand yet. best way is to ask sherwood then, i guess
    XC legs,
    DH balls...

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Monk

my shock is currently being Push'd by TF tuned and they didn't know what mounting hardware I would need. The shock is going to go on a custom Quiring frame that I am currently having built up based on a 4" Ventana Swingarm. I think it'll be the same mounting hardware that would go on an El Salt.
    It appears you have learned a bit in the last 16 hours, eh! Now that we know you need reducers lets see.....the upper mount is a custom Ventana two piece reducer which I believe is a 54mm span width. The lower reducer is 21.80mm span width. I hope that helps.