Thread: Resale value

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Resale value

Ventanas dont seam to be selling for much on ebay these days which is disappointing considering the investment. I have 2 ventanas in the garage and unfortunately need to make some cash. Where have you guys had luck selling these bikes?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I guess I would hesitate to consider any purchase of a depreciating asset an investment, and with the economy in tatters I don't think the potential market is very large at all, so your ebay observation isn't surprising. From what I've seen here, the classifieds do work, but I have seen very nice bikes going for very little money. The local market here in Japan is in the same shape, with bikes mostly moving between people who know each other/introduce buyers and sellers through mutual friends. Best of luck to you on your sale(s)!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    All bikes are selling for nothing right now. They're luxury items.

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    If you get fifty cents on the dollar in this economy you my friend have done very well. This economy sucks.......and is a buyers market.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Yeah....recession, season is over in most of the country, old-model-blowouts all come into play. When CC is selling Vs for 50% off, you are going to have a hard time commanding that for a used frame.

Good luck!

Team Chilidog!
    You might have better luck trading them to someone instead of cash. I have a tonload of bike parts I can't get rid of, so I know how you feel.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women