NedwannaB

Rear tires on Bastardo?

What size/type have you found work best for your setup on your regular terrain and why?

2.1 vs 2.2/2.25/2.3/2.35? You know the brand by the size listed. And what fork you running now, a 26" or gone over to a 650B specific model?

I know you're out there, so let's hear it?
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Rear tires on a 650B El Ciclon....

I have been riding for the last 3 years a full 650B El Ciclon with a Bastardo rear and have tried either a Nevegal 2.35 or more recently a Neo-Moto 2.3, all mounted on Blunts. I have had good traction on Montana loose decomposed granite and rocky trails but i have always found the Nev quite sluggish and slow. Changed last year for the Neo-Moto and I must say I really loved the faster rolling ability of the Neo, while keeping surprisingly great traction in the loose and good volume. I prefer the Neo over the Nev but I am also looking forward to trying some Nobby Nics on my soon to-be-built Zeus....

NedwannaB

Stepin up

Quote Originally Posted by JC822 View Post
    I am also looking forward to trying some Nobby Nics on my soon to-be-built Zeus....
    Nice! Haven't seen too many of them (Zeus) out and about on here yet. And only neg thing I've heard on those tires is they seem to wear out fast, at least on the OEM models a couple friends have on there bikes.

I was(still am...) on a budget when I got my frame earlier this year and only had a straight steer fork. Picked up a 140 Vanilla 15mm axle fork and will be getting the longer rockers soon to get travel bumped up to match.
    Last edited by JMac47; 11-22-2012 at 02:14 PM. Reason: typo

NedwannaB

Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by daves4mtb View Post
    I used nevegal 2.35s tubeless and really liked them for so cal riding.
    I have a 2.35 on front, probably putting the 2.1 on back when the Neo 2.1 wears.
    I'm going to look at the NN for front,Crossmark on back for next tire purchase setup.

mtbr member
    I have nevegal 2.35s front and rear. I ride mostly hard solid as well as loose rock woth alot of climbs on my home trail. They hook up very well for me. I am running a Fox 140 Vanilla 26 fork and have had no issues.
    09 Ventana El Bastardo 650b
    10 Banshee Viento