just finished building it this afternoon.
updating from a '96 custom Sycip tandem (that I bought second hand and it's a bit big for me, really, and my kids too). This is the smallest stock frame size 17"/14" in the stardust color. It is intended for me (165 lbs) and one of my two kids (60lbs/45lbs)...so, a pretty light team.
A few details on the builds:
- Maverick DUC32 Tandem-specific Fork
- King hubs, 24MM front / Heavy duty ISO rear, bolt on; on Mavic 819 UST, 32h, 3 cross, 14/15 DT spokes, brass nipples; Conti Vert Pro (2.3) Tubeless, with a little Stan's juice
- Hope MonoTi 6 brakes, 203mm floating rotors and stainless lines
- Middleburn Tandem crankset, ISIS
- King H/S, Easton carbon bars, Thompson posts, WTB Pure V saddles
- XO twist shifters / Rear der, XT front der, XT cassette
It weighs right at 39.5 lbs without pedals. I run ATACS and I use ginormous DH flats on the back for the kids...41.5 lbs with our pedals. The geometry feels really nice and the rear end is surprisingly supple with just a little person sitting right over it.
This bike is going to be so much fun.
Results 1 to 6 of 6