Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Proud lame eBiker

Almost there!

Turned out there was a XO instead of an XO Trail brake in the front brake box. Grrrrrr. Correct one coming along Thursday.

Bikes coming along nicely, no?
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

mtbr member
    That looks like it is going to be fun.

So, can the black float be ordered through Ventana with a frame purchase?

And is that color Mango Tango?
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

Proud lame eBiker
    You have to order the fork with the frame at time of purchase. Available only thru my shop.

I await your call.

Yes it's Mango Tango and Carbon Black.

I kid about only getting the black float thru me. Not sure if Ventana would sell you one without it going out with an accompioning frame. Would have to ring headquarters about that.

Proud lame eBiker

Done. For Dunn.

Here it is. Finished and ready for some dirt. 27lbs. w/o pedals. Medium. Mango Tango.

And a little extra nice touch. A little tapered plug in the frt. der. housing hole. Thought about routing the LEV housing through there, but the routing up from the bb shell wasn't sano at all.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Loving this bike! Came off of years on vpp and dw bikes and I have to say to anyone out there wondering if this bike can climb.....it does! No pedal kick-back, no feeling of squatting or lost energy. And very stiff. Gets full travel on the downhill, which is a welcome change.

1x11 SRAM kit is killer! KS Lev is really nice too. thanks again Velo City!

Team Fearless Descender
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty dunn View Post
    Loving this bike!
    Ole!

Looks great DD. Currently riding an El Salt and a Terremoto. The gears in my head have been turning for some time now...
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

Lightly salted
    Enjoy that bike, it's a sweet build!

Team Hardcore Cornbread
    Awesome build! Have fun.
    "Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul".

Proud lame eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by fuenstock View Post
    Thanks, Thats pretty much exactly how I would build myself a 650b wheelset except I need to use 6 bolt 240's hubs instead of center locks.
    You know the center lock DT hubs come with some pretty nifty adaptors. Very slick. That's what is being used here. Almost went ICE rotors though.....had to leave room for an 'upgrade' later ya know. No fun shooting the moon al the way sometimes.

Proud lame eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty dunn View Post
    Loving this bike! Came off of years on vpp and dw bikes and I have to say to anyone out there wondering if this bike can climb.....it does! No pedal kick-back, no feeling of squatting or lost energy. And very stiff. Gets full travel on the downhill, which is a welcome change.

1x11 SRAM kit is killer! KS Lev is really nice too. thanks again Velo City!
    Glad you're enjoying it man! That's one sweet rig. Great to hear your observations of the pedaling and overall stance of the bike considering your past years and eyars on vpp designs. < thumpsups! >

DBY
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14 View Post
    Here it is. Finished and ready for some dirt. 27lbs. w/o pedals. Medium. Mango Tango.

And a little extra nice touch. A little tapered plug in the frt. der. housing hole. Thought about routing the LEV housing through there, but the routing up from the bb shell wasn't sano at all.
    Wow! I love everything about this build. Absolutely stunning! Props to the shop and the owner.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Bike keeps getting better the more hours I have on it. Only change I made was a stem swap from a 90mm to a 100mm with a rise and removal of the spacers. Fork was the only thing I wasn't happy with but it seems to be broken in now. I weigh 220 and had to run more sag than I was used to to get small bump compliance.

Oh, and I cooked the rear pads because of improper break-in Just impatient to ride I guess. Speaking of brakes, I might like my XT's a little better, but the modulation is superior on the XO trails and they are super easy to bleed. Ice rotors will be the next upgrade when I bend these rotors, Ice are really stiff and seem to cool things down well.

KS LEV is well worth the $! 32 x 42 low gear is perfect for my area though a 30 tooth for the Downieville xc race might be the ticket. Never feel the need for a higher gear, and the shifting is flawless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2