Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    Proud lame eBiker
    Reputation: Internal14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,553

    New Frame Info Here:

    Not sure if this has been posted in another thread here or not, but here is the pertinent info regarding the new frames:

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All pre-orders will be delivered the 2nd week in June. We will also have stock frames at that time.



    Photos and more details to come as soon as we have frames to photograph.



    Tapered head tubes (InSet 1-/8”-1.5”)
    El Saltamontes

    El Ciclon

    El Terremoto

    El Chucho

    El Rey

    El Capitan

    El Conquistador (all four)



    1-1/8” head tubes:
    El Padrino

    El Comandante Ultimate

    El Comandante SS

    El Toro Bravo

    El Martillo

    El Martillo CX



    Seat tubes (30.9mm seat post)
    El Saltamontes

    El Ciclon

    El Terremoto

    El Chucho

    El Rey

    El Capitan



    Seat tubes (27.2mm seat post)
    El Conquistador (all four)

    El Padrino

    El Comandante Ultimate

    El Comandante SS

    El Toro Bravo

    El Martillo

    El Martillo CX



    Front derailleur
    El Padrino

    Sizes: 16”, 18” & 20” 31.8mm

    Sizes: 22” & 24” 34.9mm



    Front derailleur for the models listed below:
    Shimano 2x10 downswing XTR M986 or XT M771

    Shimano 3x10 downswing XTR M981 or XT M771-10

    SRAM high clamp dual pull



    El Saltamontes

    El Ciclon

    El Rey

    El Capitan

    El Chucho

    El Terremoto



    PressFit 30 Bottom brackets 73mm for the following models:
    El Saltamontes

    El Ciclon

    El Rey

    El Capitan

    El Chucho

    El Terremoto
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Can't wait until Mid June!!!!

    Get your orders in folks, quick!
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,368
    good info-thanks.

    got any prices?
    breezy shade

  3. #3
    Team Chilidog!
    Reputation: Stripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    Not sure if this has been posted in another thread here or not, but here is the pertinent info regarding the new frames:

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All pre-orders will be delivered the 2nd week in June. We will also have stock frames at that time.
    Good info. Thanks. I didn't know Ventana were keeping the 1 1/8in head tube.

    Is mid-June when you're shipping them or when Ventana is shipping them?
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

  4. #4
    Proud lame eBiker
    Reputation: Internal14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,553

    Most Recent* Pricing Info:

    *subject to change(I'm adding this, just a little cya).

    El Capitan: $2295
    El Rey: $2145
    El Padrino: $975
    El Comandante Ultimate(ss/geared w/sliding dropouts and cable stops): $1050
    El Comandante SS(ss only w/sliding dropouts): $995
    El Toro Bravo(ss 29er w/eccentric BB): $975
    El Martillo: $900
    El Matrillo CX: $900
    El Conqistador de Montanas S&S 29er!!: $5100
    El Conquistador de Montanas 29er!! : $3545
    El Conqistador de Montanas S&S: $4700
    El Conqistador de Montanas 26er: $3195
    El Saltamontes: $2095
    El Ciclon(140/150mm rear travel): $2145
    El Terremoto(160mm rear travel, 142 x 12mm thru axle): $2395
    El Chucho(29/26er, 140/150mm rear travel, 142 x 12mm thru axle!) :$2295

    Level 1 Color Upgrade(Grinch Green, Cosmic Orange, Mango Tango, Jail House Blue, Mercedes Blue, Champagne, Titanium, Carbon Black, Gloss Black, and White): $55

    Level 2 Color Upgrade(Candy Red, Candy Blue, Candy Green, Candy Purple, and Candy Rasberry): $95

    Custom Color: You name it: $250

    Semi Custom Level 1 Geometry(ht, tt, st change for next jig/size) :$200
    Semi Custom Level 2 Geometry(ht, tt, st change to any jig/size): $350
    Full Custom Geometry(custom fit and drawing to customer specs): $750.



    I think that about covers it.


    OK...so if there's no more questions, call me up and place your orders!
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

  5. #5
    Bigger is better!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    El Capitan: $2295
    El Rey: $2145
    Is the only difference 4" vs 5" of travel between these two?

  6. #6
    zod
    zod is offline
    Southern Fried mUni
    Reputation: zod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,080
    Any geo changes for the Terremoto? What are the stock colors for the TM'11 as well?

  7. #7
    11 is one louder than 10
    Reputation: Green Giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,362
    I've seen the candy green... but can't wait to see color samples to decide on the color for my El Rey..
    "The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."

  8. #8
    Ultra Ventanaphile
    Reputation: Ciclistagonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    3,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Giant
    I've seen the candy green... but can't wait to see color samples to decide on the color for my El Rey..
    I'll see if I can work on that this week.
    -Aaron G.

    "Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

  9. #9
    Ultra Ventanaphile
    Reputation: Ciclistagonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    3,148
    Here's an indoor shot of the Rasberry..

    Again per the norm with Ventana PC,the picture does not capture the color well enough!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Frame Info Here:-rasven.jpg  

    -Aaron G.

    "Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

  10. #10
    Team Chilidog!
    Reputation: Stripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,302
    Thanks. Any pictures of the Titanium?
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

  11. #11
    locked - time out
    Reputation: iheartbicycles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    *subject to change(I'm adding this, just a little cya).

    El Capitan: $2295
    El Rey: $2145
    El Padrino: $975
    El Comandante Ultimate(ss/geared w/sliding dropouts and cable stops): $1050
    El Comandante SS(ss only w/sliding dropouts): $995
    El Toro Bravo(ss 29er w/eccentric BB): $975
    El Martillo: $900
    El Matrillo CX: $900
    El Conqistador de Montanas S&S 29er!!: $5100
    El Conquistador de Montanas 29er!! : $3545
    El Conqistador de Montanas S&S: $4700
    El Conqistador de Montanas 26er: $3195
    El Saltamontes: $2095
    El Ciclon(140/150mm rear travel): $2145
    El Terremoto(160mm rear travel, 142 x 12mm thru axle): $2395
    El Chucho(29/26er, 140/150mm rear travel, 142 x 12mm thru axle!) :$2295

    Level 1 Color Upgrade(Grinch Green, Cosmic Orange, Mango Tango, Jail House Blue, Mercedes Blue, Champagne, Titanium, Carbon Black, Gloss Black, and White): $55

    Level 2 Color Upgrade(Candy Red, Candy Blue, Candy Green, Candy Purple, and Candy Rasberry): $95

    Custom Color: You name it: $250

    Semi Custom Level 1 Geometry(ht, tt, st change for next jig/size) :$200
    Semi Custom Level 2 Geometry(ht, tt, st change to any jig/size): $350
    Full Custom Geometry(custom fit and drawing to customer specs): $750.



    I think that about covers it.


    OK...so if there's no more questions, call me up and place your orders!
    I'm glad to see Sherwood took my input seriously. These new bikes look almost as good as the TNT Turners from 5 years ago!

  12. #12
    Ultra Ventanaphile
    Reputation: Ciclistagonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    3,148
    Nein, didn't see that one.
    -Aaron G.

    "Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,927
    All of this is very good news. I look fwd to some shots of the terremoto, especially the geometry!

    Any news on stock shocks/ options?

  14. #14
    Team Chilidog!
    Reputation: Stripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,302
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    All of this is very good news. I look fwd to some shots of the terremoto, especially the geometry!

    Any news on stock shocks/ options?
    Stock shocks are Fox. The Ciclón comes with an RP23 and I think you have the option of getting a RC4. I would love it if it came with the RS Monarch+.. I've heard really good things about them. But, we'll see how the bike feels with the RP23 first.

    The measurements for the Ciclon is 7.87 x 2.25, and I think it's the same for the Ciclón, but I'll ask Teresa when we talk next.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

  15. #15
    Proud lame eBiker
    Reputation: Internal14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,553
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    I'm glad to see Sherwood took my input seriously. These new bikes look almost as good as the TNT Turners from 5 years ago!
    Yeah, you're the new Dave Weagle....
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

  16. #16
    locked - time out
    Reputation: iheartbicycles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    Yeah, you're the new Dave Weagle....
    And I don't charge a thing. Just be sure to think of me when you're out pedaling your new ventana with IHB inspired pivot placement!

  17. #17
    Ultra Ventanaphile
    Reputation: Ciclistagonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    3,148
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    And I don't charge a thing.
    Ok, at least that was funny.
    -Aaron G.

    "Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sikocycles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,608
    Will el Rey or el cap have a 142mm rear?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    180

    New frame colors

    I wish I could see the new Level 1 and 2 colors. Jailhouse blue and Mercedez Blue sounds interesting. Has anyone seen these colors yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    *subject to change(I'm adding this, just a little cya).

    El Capitan: $2295
    El Rey: $2145
    El Padrino: $975
    El Comandante Ultimate(ss/geared w/sliding dropouts and cable stops): $1050
    El Comandante SS(ss only w/sliding dropouts): $995
    El Toro Bravo(ss 29er w/eccentric BB): $975
    El Martillo: $900
    El Matrillo CX: $900
    El Conqistador de Montanas S&S 29er!!: $5100
    El Conquistador de Montanas 29er!! : $3545
    El Conqistador de Montanas S&S: $4700
    El Conqistador de Montanas 26er: $3195
    El Saltamontes: $2095
    El Ciclon(140/150mm rear travel): $2145
    El Terremoto(160mm rear travel, 142 x 12mm thru axle): $2395
    El Chucho(29/26er, 140/150mm rear travel, 142 x 12mm thru axle!) :$2295

    Level 1 Color Upgrade(Grinch Green, Cosmic Orange, Mango Tango, Jail House Blue, Mercedes Blue, Champagne, Titanium, Carbon Black, Gloss Black, and White): $55

    Level 2 Color Upgrade(Candy Red, Candy Blue, Candy Green, Candy Purple, and Candy Rasberry): $95

    Custom Color: You name it: $250

    Semi Custom Level 1 Geometry(ht, tt, st change for next jig/size) :$200
    Semi Custom Level 2 Geometry(ht, tt, st change to any jig/size): $350
    Full Custom Geometry(custom fit and drawing to customer specs): $750.



    I think that about covers it.


    OK...so if there's no more questions, call me up and place your orders!

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    139
    It looks like the frames with 142mm rears were identified as the El Terremoto and El Chucho not the El Rey or El Capitan.

  21. #21
    Ultra Ventanaphile
    Reputation: Ciclistagonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    3,148
    Quote Originally Posted by kmorast
    It looks like the frames with 142mm rears were identified as the El Terremoto and El Chucho not the El Rey or El Capitan.
    Since all the frames are moving to replaceable modular dropouts, All frames can be had with 142mm rears, may be an upcharge for the particular frame though. Contact V for details.
    -Aaron G.

    "Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sikocycles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciclistagonzo
    Since all the frames are moving to replaceable modular dropouts, All frames can be had with 142mm rears, may be an upcharge for the particular frame though. Contact V for details.
    Great. Thx

  23. #23
    Stray Bullet
    Reputation: Nagaredama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,263
    Is there an ETA for El Terromoto geometry?

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sikocycles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,608
    What are the El Rey and El Cap colors without upgrade?
    Is there a RAW option?

  25. #25
    zod
    zod is offline
    Southern Fried mUni
    Reputation: zod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    Is there an ETA for El Terromoto geometry?
    Talked to Teresa on Friday about the TM. She said to expect the TM for purchase end of July so I'd expect we would see some more info end of June.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •