bike geek

New El Chucho on the trails

Just picked this up yesterday from my LBS and took it on its maiden voyage this morning. I've owned many 29ers over the past 5 years, both hardtail and FS, but none have felt better than this 69er. It's intuitive, rocket fast, has razor-sharp handling, and is overall super-comfy. It's the perfect stable mate for my Trek 69er SS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New El Chucho on the trails-ventana691small.jpg  

New El Chucho on the trails-ventana694small.jpg  

Team Fearless Descender
    Beautiful! AND, it looks like you even had some decent weather!

Down here in sunny SoCal we had just enough dry weather yesterday for a road (bike) ride. Today back to light rain and wet / mud.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

bike geek
    Quote Originally Posted by pcupach
    Nice looking bike...I put a Cane Creek Double Barrel on my El Chucho..it smoothed out the ride and it still climbs great
    I've read about that upgrade. Think I'll get some more time on this one before spending any more on it...it set me back enough already!

And yeah, we finally got a break in the weather up here. Trails are a sloppy mess though.

mtbr member
    Nice looking bike...I put a Cane Creek Double Barrel on my El Chucho..it smoothed out the ride and it still climbs great

Team Chilidog!
    I love the colors.

It looks like my El Salt (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tiger-s...2149/lightbox/) with a big front wheel
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamjam
    I've read about that upgrade. Think I'll get some more time on this one before spending any more on it...it set me back enough already!

And yeah, we finally got a break in the weather up here. Trails are a sloppy mess though.

Save the $$$ and get the CCDB...I weigh 220lbs and the CCDB made a world of differance...it rides like butter now.

Proud lame eBiker
    Sweet. There simply is not enough of these bikes out there being ridden.

I love my Chucho. Just spot on. Could never get along with dual 29 wheels, but the 29 front and 26 rear is just perfect. Stable on the descents and super flickable through the corners and getting a few inches of air.

Have fun getting her dirty!
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Nicely Done! Welcome to the V Family!
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."