Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 265
  1. #1
    spr
    spr is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    74

    New changes to the 2011 Ventana frame

    What do you know about that?

    You can see it here

    http://ventanausa.com/

    Thx

  2. #2
    The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Reputation: mtnbiker4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by spr
    What do you know about that?

    You can see it here

    http://ventanausa.com/

    Thx
    The fact that changes are coming is old news but what are those changes is the great mystery.

  3. #3
    ventanakaz
    Reputation: 1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    294
    hummm. relax head angle. more tire clearance. lower bb. longer wheelbase. cross my fingers and hope
    i need to ride more. building jumps takes to much time...my other hobby is kicking the crap outta my home built mook jong.

  4. #4
    Team Chilidog!
    Reputation: Stripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,231
    Quote Originally Posted by 1962
    hummm. relax head angle. more tire clearance. lower bb. longer wheelbase. cross my fingers and hope
    Love your suggestions.. lemme add

    Other things I'd like to see (not getting any new bikes anytime soon, but good for the future): tapered steerer tube option, wider seatpost for something other than the GD (30.9 or 31.6), and definitely corvette yellow as a regular color choice.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

  5. #5
    The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Reputation: mtnbiker4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by 1962
    hummm. relax head angle. more tire clearance. lower bb. longer wheelbase. cross my fingers and hope
    You can get most of those with a semi custom upcharge. Something new would be tapered head tube, larger seat post diameter, and ??????? If the changes tickle my fancy then I will through down the $$$$$$ for a new rig.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    179

    New Color

    What is that color is on that Ventana frame on the revised website? It looks like a light blue color. It's not candy blue is it?

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    42
    As Ventana will introduce, as I read it, a new model range, then I believe in major changes and not only revising excisting models. A major change could be new rear suspension design, new colors, geometry or tube diameters does not require model change

  8. #8
    The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Reputation: mtnbiker4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Faapaa
    As Ventana will introduce, as I read it, a new model range, then I believe in major changes and not only revising excisting models. A major change could be new rear suspension design, new colors, geometry or tube diameters does not require model change
    Geometry, colors and tube diameters are something you can get now by paying a semi-custom upcharge. But a new suspension design would be interesting but as others have stated this is a tried and true design. If I had to guess it would be rocker design or leverage ratio or maybe even pivot design change.

  9. #9
    Proud lame eBiker
    Reputation: Internal14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker4life
    If the changes tickle my fancy then I will through down the $$$$$$ for a new rig.
    Hope you've been saving your pennies!


    I'd tell you, but I like my nuts, and T would come strip them off of me with nail clippers if I spill the beans.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

  10. #10
    11 is one louder than 10
    Reputation: Green Giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,356
    Spilling the beans might not be a bad idea as folks out there considering new frames might hold off for a new Ventana... if they knew what was coming.

    DW link? Split Pivot? even a true horst?

    that and a tapered headtube would be sweet!
    "The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."

  11. #11
    The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Reputation: mtnbiker4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Giant
    Spilling the beans might not be a bad idea as folks out there considering new frames might hold off for a new Ventana... if they knew what was coming.

    DW link? Split Pivot? even a true horst?

    that and a tapered headtube would be sweet!
    Just look at all the foaming at the cursor the new 2011 Turner 5-Spot has created since the bike show.......folks have been selling off their 2010's all for a few changes head angle, BB Height, Tapered Headtube and color......most of which can be had any day of the week with a semicustom Ventana. I think these changes are big.......It has to be since most of the channels have been silent.....

  12. #12
    Ultra Ventanaphile
    Reputation: Ciclistagonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    3,132
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker4life
    Just look at all the foaming at the cursor the new 2011 Turner 5-Spot has created since the bike show.......folks have been selling off their 2010's all for a few changes head angle, BB Height, Tapered Headtube and color......most of which can be had any day of the week with a semicustom Ventana. I think these changes are big.......It has to be since most of the channels have been silent.....
    And dude, you match their frothing at the cursor all by yourself.

    EVERYBODY relax! I've posted this before, NO new suspension design, sticking to the tried and true.But refinements throughout the existing line and throughout the different parts of the frame design.

    I applaud the enthusiasm , but it's never been Ventana's MO to do wholesale changes, alway tried and true designs and refinements that benefit the ride experience, not change for change sake.

    The test mule is being flogged, +'s and -'s are being evaluated and we are all going to have to wait until late winter/early spring to find out what it's going to look like!

    Now, this channel is going back to silence, since I have a bunch of new toys to play with that have nothing to do with bikes...R/C stuff is just as addicting as bike stuff and the perfect cure for winter/raining for the umpteenth time in a row blues!
    Last edited by Ciclistagonzo; 12-29-2010 at 10:53 AM.
    -Aaron G.

    "Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    902
    Can't wait to see what they come out with!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: el saltamontes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciclistagonzo
    ... NO new suspension design, sticking to the tried and true.But refinements throughout the existing line and throughout the different parts of the frame design.

    ... but it's never been Ventana's MO to do wholesale changes, alway tried and true designs and refinements that benefit the ride experience, not change for change sake.

    ...
    that's exactly why i love the big V
    XC legs,
    DH balls...

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,900
    bump

  16. #16
    Proud lame eBiker
    Reputation: Internal14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    bump
    fer what?

    The details will be given late February early March if all goes accordingly to plan.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

  17. #17
    post-ride specialist
    Reputation: icegeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,013
    I'm still wondering what "new changes" means.
    Since when did Need have anything to do with this?

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,900
    Quote Originally Posted by icegeek
    I'm still wondering what "new changes" means.
    New changes are different than old changes, don't ask any questions about that.

    Internal...sorry, I had though we'd be getting the straight jive as of the turn of the year, with products available in the spring.

    I suppose it doesn't really matter a whole lot to me!

  19. #19
    The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Reputation: mtnbiker4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    New changes are different than old changes, don't ask any questions about that.

    Internal...sorry, I had though we'd be getting the straight jive as of the turn of the year, with products available in the spring.

    I suppose it doesn't really matter a whole lot to me!
    I was told January 3rd. I would like to add another guess to what's new......142mm x 12mm rear swingarm format.

  20. #20
    T , V , & K Rider
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by icegeek
    I'm still wondering what "new changes" means.

    Me too........this is almost as mysterious as Foshizzle not posting anymore ! I hope they' re not related ! TIG.
    " A way to a deep freedom " - Tarja

  21. #21
    Ultra Ventanaphile
    Reputation: Ciclistagonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    3,132
    Quote Originally Posted by TIGMAN
    .this is almost as mysterious as Foshizzle not posting anymore ! TIG.
    Sadly Fo's OCD has jumped him off the deep end, involving throttle twisting, smoke, spent fossil fuels and such. I fear we have lost him for good.....

    A moment of silence for Fo, please......................

    OK! good enough Party on!
    .
    -Aaron G.

    "Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

  22. #22
    Team Fearless Descender
    Reputation: El Salt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    fer what?

    The details will be given late February early March if all goes accordingly to plan.

    Cool, my birthday is March 7th.
    .
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."


    Stuff

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by rootsandrocks
    What is that color is on that Ventana frame on the revised website? It looks like a light blue color. It's not candy blue is it?
    The colour looks a lot like Baby Blue. Very similar to the colour used on the Ventana team bikes a couple of years ago. Always been a fan of it. Very nice.

  24. #24
    ventanakaz
    Reputation: 1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    294

    dual link

    so i just looked at the ventana websight and it said redesigned for 2011. i've always liked the active design of the suspension but didn't like the brake jack. it didn't bug me when i was doing XC and i didn't notice it to much till i started doing strictly the downhill and jumping thing after a buddy of mine died on the trail years ago. it's not good when your going down a rocky trail like dog bone at northstar for the first time, of course your not going to blast down not knowing the line so while going slow and draging your brakes to learn the line so you can go faster the next time, Your shock extends making it steeper than what it really is but if u let go of the brakes it's all good. so in this redesign of 2011 it should be a dual link like the canfield brothers design...i hope.
    i need to ride more. building jumps takes to much time...my other hobby is kicking the crap outta my home built mook jong.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,360

    jack?

    both of my Ventanas, an '01 La Bruja & a '10 Terremoto squat under braking. what model do you have? since all the models have the same design, i'm thinking you are confusing stiffening w/ jacking. and i don't mean that how it sounds
    breezy shade

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •