Thread: Merry Christmas

fai
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Merry Christmas

And a happy new year to one and all. May all your future rides be exciting and injury free.
    AJR

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

The weather here in NorCal has been smashing. The cold mornings have kept all the fair weather riders, hikers and equestrians at Starbucks sipping their hot coco so the trails have been empty.

Now that I am employed, I am back to planning my 2012 bike build. I'm seriously thinking about a semi-custom 650B FS frame built around a 120mm fork or a semi-custom Salty built around a 120mm fork.

fai
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I have been told there will be a new Ventana 650B FS next year.
    AJR

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by fai View Post
    And a happy new year to one and all. May all your future rides be exciting and injury free.
    +1. I'm definitely for injury-free. Spending a year recovering from ACL recon is never fun. Definitely aiming for injury-free this year because I'd like to hold the Ventana get-together this year.

Vince: glad you have work again! Congrats

My husband is trading in his X-5 for a new El Ciclón. His new year will be starting off right
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    That's a Xmas gift in itself!!

mtbr member
    Buon Natale!

Lightly salted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    My husband is trading in his X-5 for a new El Ciclón. His new year will be starting off right
    Does Ventana offer trade ins on old frames?

Merry Christmas, and ditto about the injury free year. I had a few minor injurys this year but nothing major.

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by fuenstock View Post
    Does Ventana offer trade ins on old frames?

Merry Christmas, and ditto about the injury free year. I had a few minor injurys this year but nothing major.
    Glad you're able to keep the injuries down More time on the saddle

Yep, they do. Definitely something that helps a lot on deciding on a new frame. 30% off MSRP of a new frame, which is better than you can usually do selling it (Ventana trade in and Ventana Owner's Section).

Lightly salted
    Maybe it's time to trade in my X5

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    +1. I'm definitely for injury-free. Spending a year recovering from ACL recon is never fun. Definitely aiming for injury-free this year because I'd like to hold the Ventana get-together this year.

Vince: glad you have work again! Congrats

Unemployment was an experience I hope not to go through again in my working career. I had three offers, and took a contract job with a large manufacture in Sacramento. Then got a call from a company that turned me down back in September asking me if I was interested in another position within the company. I am now a manufacturing engineer dealing with machining, fixture design and other post processes (heat treatment, anodizing, and others). It's a big change coming from 18 years in a design roll but I've always worked from small companies where I got to do some of the traditional manufacturing functions. I find myself looking a drawings wondering why the designer did it this way because they made it harder to manufacture But it's good to be working, Ole'

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker4life View Post
    Unemployment was an experience I hope not to go through again in my working career. I had three offers, and took a contract job with a large manufacture in Sacramento. Then got a call from a company that turned me down back in September asking me if I was interested in another position within the company. I am now a manufacturing engineer dealing with machining, fixture design and other post processes (heat treatment, anodizing, and others). It's a big change coming from 18 years in a design roll but I've always worked from small companies where I got to do some of the traditional manufacturing functions. I find myself looking a drawings wondering why the designer did it this way because they made it harder to manufacture But it's good to be working, Ole'

Seriously Vince. That rules. Congrats again! Olé!

Let us know when you get your new frame. You're gonna love it.

I'll take pictures of Russ' when his comes in next month