T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004

The Lyrik coil U - Turn is clydeproof !

WARNING TO SERIOUS PEEPS : THESE ARE FIRST IMPRESSIONS NOT A REVIEW !!!!!

At least for me , so far I have only had time to do a little urban ( stairways , concrete drops , etc) , few small dirt jumps , and some easy singletrack with it mounted on my old skool Bruja with the extra firm spring and it handles my 225 to 230 lb geared up weight with ease ! In fact I would say I could probably change to a coil spring with a lower spring rate for abit plusher ride but I want to ride it for a longer duration first to see how it feels after its broken in more ! Right now I'd say my ole 36 VAN with the yellow spring felt plusher overall than the Lyrik as it is setup right now but the overall features of the Lyrik are waaaay better which is why I switched ! It matches up well with the ole witch and I"m diggin this friggin bike more and more everytime I get on it ! Not to say my new strong Hadley / DT 5.1 wheelset that weighs over a 1/2 lb less than my ole wheelset isn't hurtin her wickedness to roll sweeter too ! TIG.

Bodhisattva
    Kewl

Life....the original terminal illness

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    sweet!

T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004
    Thanx................... looking forward to riding it on some better trails with abit more tech terrain to see how she does !
    Last edited by TIGMAN; 06-17-2007 at 07:32 PM.

T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004
    Man I'm diggin the Lyrik coil more now that its abit more broken in ! I'm getting about 30mm of sag and it feels pretty smooth on the small to medium bumps yet it stiffens nicely near the last part of travel for drops and jumps ! Larry are you sure this is the extra firm spring installed in this fork ...... I hate to think I'm gaining more weight ! I'm going about 6 clicks with high compression and about 5 clicks with low compression right now but even at zero addition of both I could do lame 2 to 4 footers without a problem ! Maybe I'm lucky but the fork is workin great for me ! The new wheels were built by Chad at Red Barn and the Lyrik and 07 Hope M4's were supplied by Larry at MHC which are just awesome improvements for the Witch ! TIG.
    Last edited by TIGMAN; 12-18-2008 at 04:47 PM.

melon farmer
    TIG - glad you're loving the Lyrik, but is the extra firm spring a little too much? 30mm sag on a 160mm fork is less than 20%... maybe the firm is a better option??

I'm 210-220 in gear and I'm running the stock medium spring, but probably need the firm.

Either way, I'm glad the Bruja is getting all those sweet upgrades. It's such a sweet looking bike.

T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus_dukakis
    TIG - glad you're loving the Lyrik, but is the extra firm spring a little too much? 30mm sag on a 160mm fork is less than 20%... maybe the firm is a better option??

I'm 210-220 in gear and I'm running the stock medium spring, but probably need the firm.

Either way, I'm glad the Bruja is getting all those sweet upgrades. It's such a sweet looking bike.

I rechecked the sag when I'm "geared up" and get more than 30mm , the nice feature of having the travel increment marks on the U -Turn version ! I think I got you by about 10 to 15 more lbs when geared up and no this spring ( after breaking the fork in abit ) feels about right to me so far ! From what I heard some have had problems getting hardly any sag with the Lyrik and it felt way too harsh and if they went to a softer spring it was way too linear and bottomed easy ! It doesn't feel "as linear" as I heard many say it is supposed to on bigger hits , yet feels comfortable on small bumps as well as it is setup ! I like it and I hope my work schedule frees me up soon so I can take her on some longer better rides ! TIG.