Thread: Kindshock LEV

mtbr member

Kindshock LEV

just threw this bad boy on the EL Chucho, first impressions is that it's a very well thought out dropper post. I dig the multi positions of the cable stop that is built into the post, adjustable by 15 degree increments. To fit the El Chucho cleanly i set mine 15d to the left from the front-center position. I also like the clean looks of the remote.....and the action is nice too. Not much detectable side to side play (we'll see how this holds up after a few weeks).

Also dig the new seatpost dropper cable guides on the Ventana. Well done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kindshock LEV-img_2361.jpg  

Kindshock LEV-img_2360.jpg  

Team Fearless Descender
    Chad, I'll be interested in your long term review of this post.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

Team Chilidog!
    Same here. Broke my first GD earlier this year, but my issue is more to do with the lack of ergonomics in the switch mechanism (and how much it hurts when you crash on it).

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    (and how much it hurts when you crash on it).
    Dont' crash, solves problem!
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

Lightly salted
    MWmtb,
    Are you able to lower the seat post all the way to the collar on the lev post, or is the part with the red lev/cable attached to get in the way? For the lev to work for me it would have to go all the way down to the lev collar past the cable attachment part. I had 2 of the older r950i post and never had an issue, great post.

mtbr member
    fuen, no problem lowering the LEV all the way down...seatpost head to collar.

my first KS product so i am excited to see how it holds up.....heading down to S. Utah and N. Neveda for a week and won't be leaving without a Thomson Elite in the toolbox. ; )

but good to hear your post has been solid

Team Fearless Descender
    Quote Originally Posted by nwmtb View Post
    won't be leaving without a Thomson Elite in the toolbox. ; )
    That's the way we roll too, especially on longer MTB trips. Seat post, chain, cassette, derailleur, cable set (sometimes hydro hose / bleed kit), and tools galore. Have rarely had to do a major fix while out on an adventure, but would hate to be in Small Town USA and have a broken ______, and not be able to fix!

If this post works out for you Chad, I may been to build a new "V" just so I can run it!
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff