mtbr member

Just ordered my new El Ciclon!

Just ordered my first Ventana, its gonna be a sweet candy apple red El Ciclon with 142 x 12 rear axle, Direct from the factory. Never set up an internal cable routing bike before. Any particular type of cables or housing I should be using? Any set up tips will be appreciated.

ventanakaz
    Nice, post a pic when you get it up and running...ralph
    i need to ride more. building jumps takes to much time...my other hobby is kicking the crap outta my home built mook jong.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    You'll be pumped! With respect to the routing, everything but the rear derailleur housing is very straightforward. (Ventana sends a good installation guide along with the frame as well.) Since the housing routes under the bottom bracket and across to the swingarm, it needs to have an "s" bend between the bb and swingarm with enough slack that the housing isn't tensioned when the suspension compresses. That's simple enough--just make sure to "lock in" the "s" bend very well with the zip-ties and Velcro patches, because if the housing starts migrating under the bb, then you can get ghost shifting when the suspension compresses.

A very flexible/supple derailleur housing would work best, if you've got lots of options to choose from. Of course, typical derailleur housing isn't super flexible because of the lengthwise orientation of the strands. If you come up with something ingenious, like a Nokon "bridge" or some kind of housing lockdown that's more permanent than the stick-on patches/zip-tie combo, post up some pics.

mtbr member
    Thanx for the info guys. I found out that when ordering the El Ciclon, you have to specify if you want the cable guides for the dropper post. Teresa stated that the Zeus and the El Capitan automatically come with it. Good thing they were still mitering up my frame and it wasnt too late to add the guides, I also forgot to order the ISCG tabs, so she's adding both options for $75. Cool beans!

Unfit Norwegian
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr4eva View Post
    I found out that when ordering the El Ciclon, you have to specify if you want the cable guides for the dropper post.
    I sure wish someone had reminded me of that when I ordered mine. Good catch, and good luck with your bike. You'll love it!

mtbr member
    Actually Dazed, i owe you some thanks because it was your post that alerted me to catch that! I was lucky that Ventana was fresh out of El Ciclons when I ordered, gave me the extra time to catch that, so, big thanx to you!

Unfit Norwegian
    Aha. Glad to be of help.

mtbr member

... and if we just ... FedEx man cometh

ventanakaz
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr4eva View Post
    ...Sweet looking frame, I'm just wondering have any of you guys performed the nut cracker on that top tube ? btw
    That was the color of my first
    ventana frame, the marble peak FS that bike had 2.8 inches of travel till I upgraded the rockers to 3.4 rockers that was a great bike and I still have the shock from that bike. FOX ALPS 5R ;-) ...ralph
    i need to ride more. building jumps takes to much time...my other hobby is kicking the crap outta my home built mook jong.

mtbr member

Parts are almost all in

Just ordered my new El Ciclon!-20130910_201025-1024x768-.jpgJust ordered my new El Ciclon!-wheels-re-sized.jpg

Finished wheels: I 9 hubs, Stans ZTR Arch Ex's, Ice Tech frt rotor 180mm, standard 160 rotor out back, 11-36 cassette, Schwalbe RR's 2.25's

mtbr member

Progress

Just ordered my new El Ciclon!-cockpit-resized.jpgJust ordered my new El Ciclon!-partial-build-resized.jpg

Partial build