Shovel Ready

Interesting post from the Titus forum

Quote Originally Posted by Warp

There are golden lessons to be learned here...

- We don't need NEW models every year. While a brand should bring something new to the table to attract customers, it can not be every year for every model. Cars don't do that, motorcycles don't do that. They have figured it out since long ago.
    I'm still trying to get everything out of the El Rey I ride. I've now been riding it for 2 years bearings replace once. The bike is an prefect riding condition and which bike won't need a little maintenance. I interpret the comment above to mean. Make a bike that works and live with it a while. That pretty much sums up my Ventana. Sure there are frames that could be better in certain areas. Are they really going to make my riding experience that much better? I have a bike the works and does not break on me! That makes for a good return on investment and one heck of a good time.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker
    Worst part is they already did have figured out a few good frames.

I still love the Racer X. Motolite was always looked good to. Don't know why they couldn't make it work, but each business is it's own story, and not all of them are written as well as others.

When I went with the El Fuego, the Racer X was a close second. Still have not tired of the Ventana which means I've the right choice for me, but always wished them well.

I just hope something good comes out the other side and not another brand to join the Pacific fleet.

JmZ
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

Shovel Ready
    Last year at this time I built up an EG. What time I had on it I loved it. Fractured my tibia plateau in Dec and got an offer for what I had in it. Doc said a year to fully heal. So I sold it thinking I could build up another at a later date. Since I was not selling the El Rey.

Just thought the comment on building new models all the time was interesting. I think they changed a little geo on my El Rey since I bought it. But over all it seems pretty close to what they sell today. The bike works well does not break and I think 2 years and still going is a fair investment on a mountain bike frame.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    I'm still trying to get everything out of the El Rey I ride. I've now been riding it for 2 years bearings replace once. The bike is an prefect riding condition and which bike won't need a little maintenance. I interpret the comment above to mean. Make a bike that works and live with it a while. That pretty much sums up my Ventana. Sure there are frames that could be better in certain areas. Are they really going to make my riding experience that much better? I have a bike the works and does not break on me! That makes for a good return on investment and one heck of a good time.
    I love that Ventana just makes gradual improvements over the years rather than this model year nonsense. I never understood that with cars or bicycles. Just seems silly to me.

Sherwood makes what works, and sticks with it. He does refine stuff, and it's visible in some things like the EC where he's got the bigger downtube, and I'm sure there's improvements made that aren't as obvious.

It is nice to call up, order a semi-custom bike with a slacked out HA around a specific fork and have bosses for the Gravity Dropper installed. It took me some time to get the X-bike I wanted (El Tigre III), but I think I have my El Salt right the first time.

And you're right: once you have the bike right, just go ride it
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women