mtbr member
    Jan 2006

I get by with a little help from my friends...

Hey fellow Ventena'ers,
    I just bought some new toys for my El Chamuco( Marzocchi AM SL 1( 20mm) and a Chris King Dreadset) and was wondering if the travel would be too much for the bike? I believe it has 160mm max with ATA if I need to scale it down. The other question I have is what is a good starting point for rebound( I weigh 175lbs-ish) clicks?

Thanks,
    Cedric

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by saidrick
    Hey fellow Ventena'ers,
    I just bought some new toys for my El Chamuco( Marzocchi AM SL 1( 20mm) and a Chris King Dreadset) and was wondering if the travel would be too much for the bike? I believe it has 160mm max with ATA if I need to scale it down. The other question I have is what is a good starting point for rebound( I weigh 175lbs-ish) clicks?

Thanks,
    Cedric
    That'll be a great fork for Chamuco Front end may feel a tad tall at full extension but shouldn't bother you much. In all liklihood you'll ride it a bit lower for climbs and extend it full for descents. I rode a Chamuco with a Z150 which isn't too much shorter than that SL1 (which you can lower with ATA).

Rebound: I like mine on the fast side so that it tracks the terrain. But you don't want it jackhammering back at you either. Start with around 25% damping from full fast and fine tune from there.

Have fun !