Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,519

    How much did you ride in 08?

    It's always interesting to know what the people you're chatting with are doing on the bike. I'm pretty religious about tracking rides on my Edge 305. 2008 was my first FULL year of riding frequently and moving to Ventana really helped accelerate my fitness and skill level (Thanks Sherwood!)

    2008 Ride Results:
    119 ride entries
    250,000 feet of climbing
    1,435 miles

    Most of this was done on the El Ciclon and some very infrequent road biking. I generally rode 3 days a week in 2008.

    In 2009 I hope to ride about the same amount but get outside of my area more often (being a family man and SB owner it's hard to leave for a few days). Would like to hit South Mountain, Sedona, some Sierra spots and get up to the Moab area.

    What did the other peeps out there log? How much and where do you hope to ride in 2009?

  2. #2
    Proud lame eBiker
    Reputation: Internal14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,663
    Never enough, that's all I know.

    Always need to ride more.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

  3. #3
    Team Fearless Descender
    Reputation: El Salt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,974
    Well, I don't keep close track of rides or miles, etc., but I guess it would go something like this:

    52 weeks in the year.
    On average I try to ride both days on the weekend, but not always (weather, travel, not feeling the "vibe")
    2 1/2 week trip to N. Cal (biking trip)
    1 1/2 week trip to Sedona, AZ (biking trip)
    Occasional day off work, or 3-day weekend holiday


    I'm going to have to guess:

    75+ Mountain Bike Rides
    30+ Road Bike Rides
    100 Trainer Rides (indoor)

    That sucks! I gotta quit my job and go ride. WTF am I thinking!
    .
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."


    Stuff

  4. #4
    Ultra Ventanaphile
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    3,341
    Yeah I keep a log, mostly for motivation on those cold winter days I don't want to commute to work.

    Total Days: 161
    Total Miles 2,202.08 miles (My most ever)
    21 Times on my Salty,
    18 on my Toro
    17 on my Marble (This surprised me)
    10 times on my Bruja (She was a bit neglected this past year, I'll have to fix that)
    47 Times on my Martillo (750+ miles) - Wow, who knew I was a closet Roadie!
    48 Times on the Commuter, almost at least once a week.

    Huh, the most used was my commuter, and most miles was the Roadie and yet, I call myself a mountain biker, go Figure! I'm not gonna complain though, Wife, 2 kids, full time job and I got to ride that much? Life's good. But I agree with Myke...never enough!
    -Aaron G.

    "Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

  5. #5
    Neg reppers r my biatches
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciclistagonzo
    Yeah I keep a log, mostly for motivation on those cold winter days I don't want to commute to work.

    Total Days: 161
    Total Miles 2,202.08 miles (My most ever)
    21 Times on my Salty,
    18 on my Toro
    17 on my Marble (This surprised me)
    10 times on my Bruja (She was a bit neglected this past year, I'll have to fix that)
    47 Times on my Martillo (750+ miles) - Wow, who knew I was a closet Roadie!
    48 Times on the Commuter, almost at least once a week.

    Huh, the most used was my commuter, and most miles was the Roadie and yet, I call myself a mountain biker, go Figure! I'm not gonna complain though, Wife, 2 kids, full time job and I got to ride that much? Life's good. But I agree with Myke...never enough!
    wow! that is a lot

  6. #6
    Neg reppers r my biatches
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,220
    far from enough...perhaps enough to keep up with the average weekend warrior but way less than being in even half the shape i used to be; hope to change that in 09

    having said that, logging miles is ghey...i dont even carry a watch as it defeats the whole purpose of riding IMHO so unless you actually race bike as a living, you are not going to convince me otherwise

  7. #7
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780

    Cool-blue Rhythm

    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    having said that, logging miles is ghey...i dont even carry a watch as it defeats the whole purpose of riding IMHO so unless you actually race bike as a living, you are not going to convince me otherwise
    I GPS every ride so I can confirm I suck at this riding gig!
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,353
    2008 Ride Results:
    101 ride entries
    Total elevation gain? Maybe 150,000'.
    1,132 miles

    Most of this was done on the El Ciclon w/ a short stint on a SC Blur after the frame cracked in Sun Valley while on vacation and about 150 on either my 1997 Moots YBB converted to a singlespeed or Santana tandem rides with my 9 yr old daughter.

    All offroad in Flagstaff or Sedona w/ biking vacations to sw Utah, Sun Valley/Stanley, Idaho and Durango. In no particular in 09 would like to check out Tahoe, Downieville, Oakridge, and Mt. St. Helens.

  9. #9
    Neg reppers r my biatches
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,220
    Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    I GPS every ride so I can confirm I suck at this riding gig!
    what a waste of money...i dont need a GPS to confirm that for me!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,544
    I was out the first 6 months of "08" with a back injury. June - Dec. rode as much as I could. So far "09" has been better.
    Oldest daughter doesn't ride.

  11. #11
    Neg reppers r my biatches
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,220
    Quote Originally Posted by skip canfield
    I was out the first 6 months of "08" with a back injury. June - Dec. rode as much as I could. So far "09" has been better.
    agreed....09 off to a better start as i have 3 rides now in 3 days, albeit short rides...but still

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    agreed....09 off to a better start as i have 3 rides now in 3 days, albeit short rides...but still
    Epic rides, short rides, as long as we are ridin its all good.
    Oldest daughter doesn't ride.

  13. #13
    Neg reppers r my biatches
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,220
    Quote Originally Posted by skip canfield
    Epic rides, short rides, as long as we are ridin its all good.
    agreed...these are for the most part my "lunch time" rides which are extra kewl cuz it allows me to get away from the office for a bit...priceless actually

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    agreed...these are for the most part my "lunch time" rides which are extra kewl cuz it allows me to get away from the office for a bit...priceless actually
    Ride on. Just keep ridin bro. It's all about the fun factor.
    Oldest daughter doesn't ride.

  15. #15
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780

    Cool-blue Rhythm

    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    what a waste of money...i dont need a GPS to confirm that for me!
    Come on now not all of have the skills you have!
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  16. #16
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,791
    somewhere between not enough and nothing significant

    I hope i am more consistent this year...and I hope these freezing temps go away....

  17. #17
    No known cure
    Reputation: Vader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,444
    I don't keep track of mileage but I rode enough to be competitive in the 17 races I entered last year. I've been off the bike for a couple months but will be racing the first race of Southridge's Winter Series in Fontana Saturday. I'm only doing the Super D so we'll see how that goes with my new training program that consists of beer and naps
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    772
    How much riding in '08? NOT ENOUGH!!! NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!
    I did get into a few grooves, but for the most part it was off and on...

    Here's to more riding, better riding and riding with good friends in 2009!

    JP

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    243
    A fair bit, I guess, about three times a week all year, more in spring and autumn less in summer. I would say just short of 3000km.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cbrossman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,379

    Around 2,200 miles

    Which was pretty good for me, and included several trips to Fruita and Moab, the Kokopelli, Sedona, Crested Butte, Gallup, Angel Fire and almost all the crappy rides we have here in the Durango area.
    I even rode in Farmington once, but I won't do that again.
    Craig, Durango CO
    "Lighten up PAL" ... King Cage

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: G.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    237
    Not enough. Just under 1.5k. Hoping as my daughter grows so will my ride time. Goal is to double for '09.
    I figure the odds be fifty-fifty.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.