Team Hardcore Cornbread

Good or Bad Numbers in SoCal

I usually will go months before running into another Ventana rider on the SoCal trails. This week a ran into 3 other riders all on different trails. It's refreshing to see more Ventanas than SC Blurs for a change...or is it bad? I always liked the fact that I had one of the few Saltlys in the area. I guess it is a jeolousy thing? My problem so I need to get over the fact that more people should have the joy of ridding the best built bike on the planet. At least I look retro these days with the "V" sticker.

I do enjoy talking to any Ventana rider I see on the trail. You can feel the pride as they talk about their bike. Good ridding everybody.
    "Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul".

moe.
    Sep 2005

Another Ventana owner and a Phan

Its good to see another Ventana owner that also appreciates Vermont's phinest. Hope to run into you one day on the trail. I have only two rides in on my new El Padrino but I am loving it.
    "These people take a dump thatís a bigger difference than the a 5 Spot and a Blur LTc." DT

I like how Ventana riders tend to acknowledge each others; presence and rides.
    I've run into a few saltamontes riders in the past month or so and they've all been rather cordial and ride up to you to chit chat... maybe it was the same guy. haha
    i don't see that too much with other 'boutique' brands...ie Santa Cruz (There are A TON of SC Nomads and blurs up here in norcal)

Captain Underpants
    Whenever I see a Ventana out on the trail (we have a few in Marin) I always comment on the bike, and it always gets me a nice reply in return. My impression overall is that Ventana owners are a class act.

FWIW, Turner riders are also good for a word up.

Team Fearless Descender
    This past Thursday (Thanksgiving) spotted another El Salt on the trail, someone I hadn't see before on my local trails. Caught up to him and his group and chatted as we climbed (Westridge - WLA). I always make it a point to go out of my way to acknowledge other Ventana riders. As others have said, you don't see too many others, but when you do...!

I'll admit it, I'm secretly happy every other bike I see isn't a Ventana.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

Team Hardcore Cornbread
    [QUOTE=mtntrance]Its good to see another Ventana owner that also appreciates Vermont's phinest.

Looks like you are a phan of Moe. as well. I never really got in to those dudes. I saw them last year in San Diego. Look forward to seeing you on the trails some day. I will be the dude on the red Salty with the Panic and Phish patches all over my Camel Back.
    "Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul".