mtbr member
    Jan 2006

This is going to be my next bike!!!

I love the color of this bike and the component colors. I have been wanting to build a SS and also want the Gates belt drive system. Was on Ventana's website and was looking in the owners gallery and saw this bike and it really struck me as the bike I want. I currently have a Red Bastardo and Blue Padrino so I need to add a white bike. I hope it is not in bad taste to copy someone else's bike. Not going to make it exact becauase I am going to go with Arch rims, a different stem and probably different cranks but most definitely want white cranks.

Also I know all the SS forum guys say you have to go steel or Ti and rigid for SS but I don't really care I like the look of the fatter tubes. I also love Ventana's and enjoy having a fork with suspension in it on the front. I looked at Quiring bikes, since he is local and handmakes some beautiful frames but I think I am going to go with the El Comandante.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Good Choice

You can't go wrong with the El Commandate Ultimate. I just built up mine with the Gates Carbon Drive and I couldn't be happier.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This is going to be my next bike!!!-2012-04-21-08.08.46.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rootsandrocks View Post
    You can't go wrong with the El Commandate Ultimate. I just built up mine with the Gates Carbon Drive and I couldn't be happier.
    The Commandante is the same as the Ultimate except for the exra cable routing's correct?

Chuck

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by procos View Post
    The Commandante is the same as the Ultimate except for the exra cable routing's correct?

Chuck
    Yep. With the Ultimate, you get the option to run gears. I had mine built as a 1x with no provision for a front derailleur and I love it. I'm finally going to dip my toe into the SS water with my El C Ultimate this week. If I enjoy it, the Gates belt drive will be in my future.