Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Team Hardcore Cornbread
    Still really digging the bike and had some fun on some flow in San Luis Obispo this past weekend. We rode a fun section "the Euks" which has some table tops and fun berms. The bike handled great and I found no issues with the bigger tires when in the air. My TALAS has decided to now be a Float with no adjustment which really sucks. Nothing like having something for a week and it has already broken.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails God of Sky & Thunder Came a Knockin'-img-20121014-00114.jpg  

"Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul".

Team Hardcore Cornbread

Update

I had to send my new TALAS off to Fox for repairs. My buddy loaned me his new Float since his bike is not built. This set me up for this past weekend's enduro ride up in Idyllwid, CA. 60 plus miles with 55% singletrack and the rest fire road and about 9000 plus feet climbing. Sufferfest indeed but the bike was amazing. I may be on to something here with the 29lb 160mm travel endurance bike. I keep seeing comments by people saying "160mm travel is too much for a 650b". Idiots I say. Sherwood obviously knows something

Once again, the bike climbs very very well. Since I was on a Float the fork was set in 160mm all day. I never found the front of the bike to be too steep. Idyllwild has a lot of rock and drops so the fun factor was there for me on this bike. Maybe I am finding the bike to be so good all around due to the semi custom for me? I really like the 24 inch TT. It gives a perfect balance for me for climbing and descending. Not a big charge for level 1 custom and so worth it.

Sorry for another rambling about the Zeus. I know there have been request for reviews so just adding some color. Solid bike for sure.

DIY all the way
    Nice bike you got there.

Enjoy!

Magura

Lightly salted
    Great color on that bike!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Paul,
    Are you running also the rear shock at 160mm? Have you tried it at 140mm? Just curious how the change in travel may affect pedaling....

Team Hardcore Cornbread
    Quote Originally Posted by JC822 View Post
    Paul,
    Are you running also the rear shock at 160mm? Have you tried it at 140mm? Just curious how the change in travel may affect pedaling....
    Yep, running the rear at 160mm and I have not tried the 140mm mode yet. I want to, but having too much fun on 160 right now. When I get a chance I will switch and see how it changes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Phishin Paul, have you had any rub issues with your housing as it comes out of the frame? I've noticed a little rubbing where my rear derailleur housing pops out near my bottom bracket. The housing wore a little groove in the weld (where the in-frame tube is welded to the down tube) not too significant, but glad I caught it before it did. I used one of the velcro rub pieces to buffer the housing where it comes out of the frame - FYI. Haven't noticed any other rubs.

my bike is running great, only current gripe is my XO cranks like to loosen up which obviously has nothing to do with the frame.

Team Hardcore Cornbread
    Quote Originally Posted by eber View Post
    Phishin Paul, have you had any rub issues with your housing as it comes out of the frame? I've noticed a little rubbing where my rear derailleur housing pops out near my bottom bracket. The housing wore a little groove in the weld (where the in-frame tube is welded to the down tube) not too significant, but glad I caught it before it did. I used one of the velcro rub pieces to buffer the housing where it comes out of the frame - FYI. Haven't noticed any other rubs.

my bike is running great, only current gripe is my XO cranks like to loosen up which obviously has nothing to do with the frame.
    No issues thus far. I did have a little rub where the rear brake line was hitting where it came off frame to the end line. Easy fix with a little racers tape to protect. I did use the velcro pieces but many have shifted already. I plan on checking regularly for rub.

No issues with my XO cranks so far. My TALAS fork on the other hand is a different story.

mtbr member

Jealous- what's ur BB height?

Curious as I build my v1 bruja into 650b which will be about 15"

Team Hardcore Cornbread
    Quote Originally Posted by csoskin View Post
    Curious as I build my v1 bruja into 650b which will be about 15"
    Looks to be just shy of 14".

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Incredible and beautiful. I'm thinking about it. Question: do you have to disassemble your brake line? I don't bleed my own so I'm curious. I'm 5'7" with 30 inch inseam so probably 16/18 according to Teresa.

Team Hardcore Cornbread
    Quote Originally Posted by skim500 View Post
    Incredible and beautiful. I'm thinking about it. Question: do you have to disassemble your brake line? I don't bleed my own so I'm curious. I'm 5'7" with 30 inch inseam so probably 16/18 according to Teresa.
    Front no on my build.I took my XTR off my El Ciclon because they were only 6 months old. If your brakes are new you can probably get away with a snip and install of the new banjo piece with no bleed. That is the way my brakes were new anyway. I had to get new brake line for the Zeus since It came off a 26 inch frame. They were too short for the longer top tube i am now running. So the long answer is yes you have to cut with the internal routing but it is such an effortless install. Cable goes in one end and pops right out where you need it on the far end. I am no bike mechanic but it was real easy.

You will be fine with stand over on the 16/18 inch frame. I have a 30' inseam and have a little wiggle room when in 160mm mode. I a completely happy with the purchase.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2