Feeding your addiction

Get it while it's hot!

We had mid 70's in CO yesterday, quite possibly the warmest day we'll see between now and March, and 40's-50's forecast for the rest of this week. Sounds like a recipe for not getting much work done Spent all of about 20min at the shop before flipping the sign to "closed" and heading for higher ground. El Beastro said he had to work, but it didn't take much arm twisting to make him cave also, he grabbed the dogs & the El Rey and joined me.

Perfect temps, flowing creek, fallen leaves, narrow singletrack, really doesn't get much better than this

Kitt and Daizee are awesome trail dogs! They stay right with you, but they don't get in the way

Just call him "Flash"

Climbing up to a sweet reward

Warp speed, those dogs are FAST! Even at 20+mph they could catch us like we were standing still

Well worth a late night of catching up on work stuff, can't pass days like that up this time of year.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

Tame the Penguin!
    WHHOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

That ride was an absolute blast! Even at 10pm last night when I was working late, I still had a big grin on my face....and still do this morning.

The dogs eat that stuff up! They napped all the way home in the truck and then sacked out after a steak dinner.

Ventanarama was absolutely rippin' the DH with the Terremoto! I would occassionally see him ahead on the trail through the trees, but not very often...and I had the El Rey absolutely hanging out at top speed trying to catch up. LOL! Wicked fun! I think I have a new favorite trail.

--Beast

Unfit Norwegian
    Those trails look amazing!

No, that's not phonetic
    Great stoke, boyz. Thanks for the post, Larry.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Tame the Penguin!
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Great stoke, boyz. Thanks for the post, Larry.
    Phil, you'd dig this ride. Lots of bridges to try your hand at the balance beam, tight techy trails, a decent amount of climbing, and a blazing fast DH section on pine needles so thick it's like skiing in some sections!

--Beast

MTB B'dos
    You are mean people Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Been raining, more like basically pouring for the last few weeks Fantastic looking trail , Hope you didn't slow up those poor dogs too much

What tyres you running on the ElRey 'Beatsro, still the Ignitors or have you switched to something meatier? How you liking the Fox compared to the Noodle? Is it all you thought it's be?
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My MTB vids

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Wow, this trails looks beautiful. THIS is the next trail I'm riding in that area if it doesn't snow before then. Every time I show up, Larry takes me to the steepest and rockiest trails he can find

Tame the Penguin!
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    You are mean people Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Been raining, more like basically pouring for the last few weeks

What tyres you running on the ElRey 'Beatsro, still the Ignitors or have you switched to something meatier? How you liking the Fox compared to the Noodle? Is it all you thought it's be?
    Still running the Ignitors.....they are great tires for this area. No need for something meatier as of yet.

The F29 has just gotten past the seal stiction and it's turning out to be a great fork. The compression dial actually works, the fork is more torsionally rigid, and it feels light and quick (possibly a different axle to crown length than the POS Reba).

I've been riding techy stuff both up and down with the F29 that the Reba just wouldn't go over with any confidence. So far, two thumbs up on the F29. Time will tell as to how well it lasts.....

--Beast

Tame the Penguin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Wow, this trails looks beautiful. THIS is the next trail I'm riding in that area if it doesn't snow before then. Every time I show up, Larry takes me to the steepest and rockiest trails he can find
    Unfortunately, as soon as the next snow sets in, this trail will likely be snowed over for the season. It's up in the mountains, thick cover in all but one South facing slope. It's a great trail but completely unmarked, and for good reason. The trail starts out in a mountain residential area....even though it's National Forest access. I'm betting the locals don't enjoy heavy mtb traffic on what they surely considier 'their' trail.

We'll surely take you up sometime if we can hook up for a ride.

--Beast

MTB B'dos

... and if we just ... Just hassling ya

Speedgoat's listing the difference as 8.5mm, but I believe it's a bit more than that, so that'd explain the faster steering, PLUS the greater offset compared to the REBA. Let us know how it feels when you change out the axle.

As to the tyres I agree the Ignitors are very good - love 'em down here - but to help try to keep up to the Terremoto with it's Big Betty's I'd consider something like the Rampages, Nevegals or Stoute.

Quote Originally Posted by El Beastro
    Still running the Ignitors.....they are great tires for this area. No need for something meatier as of yet.

The F29 has just gotten past the seal stiction and it's turning out to be a great fork. The compression dial actually works, the fork is more torsionally rigid, and it feels light and quick (possibly a different axle to crown length than the POS Reba).

I've been riding techy stuff both up and down with the F29 that the Reba just wouldn't go over with any confidence. So far, two thumbs up on the F29. Time will tell as to how well it lasts.....

--Beast
    MTB Barbados
    My MTB vids

T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004

--Beast
    Yeah......over the winter I'm debating between ordering up the Fox F29 or sending my Reba 29er to PUSH for mods ! I'm about 230 geared up and figure the better torsional rigidness of the F29 over the Reba might be worth the extra cost ! Plus it sounds like the F29 gives you abit more nimble steering over the Reba which is what I want ! Hmmm......this is good news ! TIG.

Tame the Penguin!
    Quote Originally Posted by TIGMAN
    Yeah......over the winter I'm debating between ordering up the Fox F29 or sending my Reba 29er to PUSH for mods ! I'm about 230 geared up and figure the better torsional rigidness of the F29 over the Reba might be worth the extra cost ! Plus it sounds like the F29 gives you abit more nimble steering over the Reba which is what I want ! Hmmm......this is good news ! TIG.
    Here is my recommendation:

1. Throw your Reba into a busy street intersection

2. Buy a F29

--Beast

MTB B'dos
    You know you love that REBA Beast Come on admit it, it's a fantastic fork

2. Buy a F29

--Beast
    I'm holding out for something with 90-130mm of travel adjust.
    MTB Barbados
    My MTB vids

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria

2. Buy a F29

--Beast
    That's just great Beast.....you know where sh*t that's thrown into intersections end up?......that's right in the bike lane .......I can't tell you how much crap I have to dodge in the little 18 inches I call my bike lane. I'm constantly e-mailing the city of Roseville and Sac County to clean up my bike lane. How about just it up into little pieces and send it back to Rock Shox?

BTW, tasty trails. I will be blowing off work this Friday to blast a fav trail.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Jan 2004
    whatever.....I bet Larry only took those pics so you could send em to Amber

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    wow...sweet trails, guys!

nice stuff!

rr
    I don't do PC
    So the F29 has a 8.5mm shorter or longer a2c?

I'm hoping to build up a Sultan here soon and was looking at the F29, when I test rode it the Reba was def not enough fork, would prefer an adj fork like my Revelation but that ain't happening, anyways, would like a fork with a longer a2c compared to the Reba

Nice pics Larry, hope to call ya soon on the Sultan.

edit: just saw the specs on Speedgoat, guess the F29 is out cause I want a longer fork, the Manitou or WB are looking like my top choices

T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004

2. Buy a F29

--Beast

+1 for the comparison and F29 recommendation ! TIG.
    Last edited by TIGMAN; 11-03-2007 at 09:10 PM.