zod
    Southern Fried mUni

Frame weight - 1st gen Ciclon vs New

Interested in knowing the frame weight of the new Ciclon versus the first generation Ciclon. Tyring to extrapolate what the new TM will likely weigh.

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Just call Ventana. Everything else is just opinion and speculation.

zod
    Southern Fried mUni
    That would be speculation also seeing as Sherwood hasn't started on the TM yet.

destination unknown
    May 2008
    The weights have been posted here, somewhere. If I remember correctly the new frames are a little heavier.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    17" new-style Ciclon w/ 142mm dropouts, including RP23 but not including seat collar or 12mm axle/nut: 7lb. 1.5oz. (The thru-axle adds approx. 100 grams.)

Given how stout the Ciclon is, I don't think the T'moto needs to be all that much heavier. I'd guess it'll get heavier chainstays and downtube (and obviously rockers), given what Ventana's done in the past.

Fragilie
    Well, given the conversation I had with Sherwood last week, you won't be seeing a TM anytime soon if ever. Sounds like the the new "Zeus" will fill the void for it. He feels there will be too much overlap between the TM and Zeus.
    It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees. (Emiliano Zapata)

i'm going up the river as i sold my 1st gen t'moto and am waiting for the ciclon to get delivered. can't waiiiiiiiiiiiiiit... for a lower, lighter bike, without losing the HTA.

zod
    Southern Fried mUni
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Well, given the conversation I had with Sherwood last week, you won't be seeing a TM anytime soon if ever. Sounds like the the new "Zeus" will fill the void for it. He feels there will be too much overlap between the TM and Zeus.
    I've been getting this feeling also. A shame seeing as I've waited patiently for 10 months on the TM.

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    That makes sense. So the TM has gone the way of the Turner RFX........

zod
    Southern Fried mUni
    Got an email from Teresa REALLY making it sound like the TM is most likely being retired. I'm not gonna wait any longer, time to start considering other options. Ciclon, Carbon Nomad, or Tracer 2 it will be.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    how about telling us what Teresa REALLY said to make you think the future of the TM isn't happening
    breezy shade

zod
    Southern Fried mUni
    She said Sherwood is not convinced the TM makes sense so it's way out of scope right now. Said she should know for certain later this month.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zod View Post
    She said Sherwood is not convinced the TM makes sense so it's way out of scope right now. Said she should know for certain later this month.
    looking @ the geo. page for the Zeus kinda looks like it would be a 27.5 version of the TM.
    w/ the current push for the 650B movement, maybe it'll be a wait & see deal. kinda seems to me that it would make some sense to build both, covering 26 & 27.5 in the same ride category. i, for one Ventana fan, would have a hard time choosing between the 2, how 'bout you?
    breezy shade

zod
    Southern Fried mUni
    650b does not interest me at all and neither does the Ciclon. I want a 26 with a bit more plush than my current ride (which is a Ciclon) and a bit more layed back geometry than the new Ciclon. If the TM doesn't happen I'll regrettably have to look to other companies even though I want to stick with Ventana.

destination unknown
    May 2008
    650b does not interest me at all and neither does the Ciclon. I want a 26 with a bit more plush than my current ride (which is a Ciclon) and a bit more layed back geometry than the new Ciclon. If the TM doesn't happen I'll regrettably have to look to other companies even though I want to stick with Ventana.
    Sounds like you want a Chilcotin.

zod
    Southern Fried mUni
    I did until they moved it to Asia. Not interested now.

destination unknown
    May 2008
    5 spot with a 160 fork then.

Team Chilidog!
    I run a 2012 Ciclon with a 160mm fork and a semi-custom HA setting it at 66.5 degrees. I also run the rear at 150mm and it feels much more plush than the X-5 I had.

I'm very happy that I did this because I don't think I would have bought a Zeus because 650B is still relatively new and not enough tires for me to play around with. If you were in the SF Bay Area, I would be more than happy to let you test ride it.

One of my previous El Tigre's was an original Ciclon and I hated it. The new ones have such a different feel that it's weird to think they share the same name.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by LncNuvue View Post
    5 spot with a 160 fork then.
    The DW Spot is not as plush as the old HL and TNT Spots. Better peddler, but not what I would call plush.

I wish Ellsworth would make something between the Epiphany and Moment with a different name on the downtube.