Proud lame eBiker

Follow along children. Tandem build!

Finally all the prices of the puzzle arrived. Just in time with this NorCal storm. Nice rainy day project.

Here's some beginning build photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Follow along children.  Tandem build!-683e7be7.jpg  

Follow along children.  Tandem build!-af209c5f.jpg  

Follow along children.  Tandem build!-4960e803.jpg  

Follow along children.  Tandem build!-c3f2c360.jpg  

Follow along children.  Tandem build!-6c146aef.jpg  

Follow along children.  Tandem build!-b58034c5.jpg  

Follow along children.  Tandem build!-680b2cee.jpg  

www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Proud lame eBiker
    More build pics. Almost done. Just need rotors, chains, and tires.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Follow along children.  Tandem build!-1638b1c5.jpg  

Follow along children.  Tandem build!-9d0f1e68.jpg  

www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Holy. Sh*t.

Team Chilidog!
    Wow. That red just pops. Nice build. Looking forward to the action pics
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Bike looks cool, shop looks sharp, you've re-org'd since I've been there, gonna have to come by soon.
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

Proud lame eBiker
    Make no mistake, this bike will NEVER look this nice again. These guys race 50/100 mile racer as well as mtb stage races. Trans Rockies and Leadville are at least two of the events this bike will be rocking at in 2012. They are hardcore. They are my inspiration for grabbing a tandem of my own a year ago.

Full custom 29er MTB Tandem frame. No one else can touch this beast. Longer stoker top tube. Shorted headtube. Adjusted bb height. Tapered head tube. Customers are VERY excited to get EXACTLY what they wanted, how they wanted it. Ventana is just an awesome little company commited to true mountain biking.

PMK
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14 View Post
    Make no mistake, this bike will NEVER look this nice again. These guys race 50/100 mile racer as well as mtb stage races. Trans Rockies and Leadville are at least two of the events this bike will be rocking at in 2012. They are hardcore. They are my inspiration for grabbing a tandem of my own a year ago.

Full custom 29er MTB Tandem frame. No one else can touch this beast. Longer stoker top tube. Shorted headtube. Adjusted bb height. Tapered head tube. Customers are VERY excited to get EXACTLY what they wanted, how they wanted it. Ventana is just an awesome little company commited to true mountain biking.
    Cool build. Should be a great xc bike.

Why the longer stoker top tube, these ECdM's are pretty roomy to start with. Interesting they run bull horn stoker bars. We have never run long bar ends or bull horns off-road, the idea of getting "rear ended" with an aluminum pipe never appealed to me. For the two off-road tandems in our house, my stoker has cut down bar ends(about 1" long) to act as bark busters and save her fingers from getting crushed against a tree. Maybe the longer stoker top tube will give the needed room for the captains leg clearance. Neat idea though for xc riding.

I'm curious about the adjusted bottom brackets. Did they just request the BB's be located above or below the oem spec, or did they kick them forward or aft?

The tapered headtube is now standard production. Cool if you run a single crown fork.

Could not tell from the photos, can you explain the details of the wheel build?

Yes, Ventana is a cool little company building some nice bikes.

Is the couple a new tandem team or an experienced tandem team upgrading bikes?

Our house has been discussing the idea of us getting a 29r ECdM to be a sister to our 26 ECdM, Co-Motion and possibly selling our Fandango. My stoker is more in favor of keeping the current fleet, while I have been talking to custom builders about building a new 26 full suspension frame.

PK
    Last edited by PMK; 01-22-2012 at 04:16 AM.
    Reps! We don't need no stickin' reps!

PMK
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Wow. That red just pops. Nice build. Looking forward to the action pics
    The red tandems do look good, actually most of the Ventana colors fit the bill.

Still though, an aluminum tandem, either road or off-road, properly decaled and mirror polished is still the most BA look. Done right, they have the look of being fast while not moving. A bit more work, but not bad.

I have been so tempted to strip our Co-Motion road tandem and ECdM, then polish them. Problem is, sometimes it's a crap shoot, not knowing whats under the paint.

PK

bicycle rider
    Is that the Fletchers?

Morgan

mtbr member
    More build pics. Almost done. Just need rotors, chains, and tires.
    Are those Velocity P35s?

Interested to see the final numbers on the scale... Inquiring minds want to know

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    The red tandems do look good, actually most of the Ventana colors fit the bill.

Still though, an aluminum tandem, either road or off-road, properly decaled and mirror polished is still the most BA look. Done right, they have the look of being fast while not moving. A bit more work, but not bad.

I have been so tempted to strip our Co-Motion road tandem and ECdM, then polish them. Problem is, sometimes it's a crap shoot, not knowing whats under the paint.

PK
    PK

I like the idea of a polished aluminum frame as well, but I must say that I a really digging the matte black look of our new ride. I just wish the snow would melt so that we can get out and ride some more!

To the original poster, they are gonna love that bike! Can't wait to hear all the stories, tell them to be sure to post up in the tandem section (if they don't already).

I have to agree with others here, Ventana makes an awesome product! We liked our first one so much that we had to sell it and buy another one. And yes they do make for a might fine long distance XC machine!

Here's a pic of ours before its maiden voyage
    From ECDM 29

And on our first ride
    From ECDM 29

PMK
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ds2199 View Post
    Are those Velocity P35s?

Interested to see the final numbers on the scale... Inquiring minds want to know
    Same rims as your build DS, aren't they except color?

With the custom frame and a few other heavier bits, I'd expect it to be a couple pounds heavier than yours.

Regardless another nice ECdM 29.

PK

Proud lame eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by ds2199 View Post
    Are those Velocity P35s?

Yup. P35 in white.
    King hubs, tandem shell.
    Fun Bolts.
    DT-Swiss Competition spokes.
    Brass nipples.
    1010grams front
    1280grams rear

Frame was 12.3lbs with rear shock, seat post colors on, as well as der. hanger.

Proud lame eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by morganfletcher View Post
    Is that the Fletchers?

Morgan
    Yes. Related?