Space Ghost

First real ride report: El Rey

I posted the build in this thread Took it to my favorite park that has a lot of technical features. When I first got the frame, I thought there was no way this bike would hold a candle to my RIP. The frame was heavier than I thought it would be. Although, had I done a better job reading CC's description, I would have seen that my frame was going to be 1.25 lbs heavier than the 19" size (mine is a 21"). Anyway, needless to say, I was prepared to be underwhelmed. Well, just like my Vassago, never judge a bike by its numbers! The bike was so balanced. I hit all my usual hard options and cleaned them like I had been on the bike for years. I ran the RP23 with Propedal on the #2 setting most of the time and the bike felt very fast, but still soaked up the big stuff. Having just come off a HT, I set it up pretty firm. All in all, it was a very impressive first ride. The lateral rigidity was ridiculous, absolutely no flex. I feel like I am all dialed in for my first race on it this Sun. I truly appreciate this bike and what it has to offer. Hats off to you Ventana!
    Last edited by Coach417; 03-06-2011 at 04:36 PM.
    "No good deed goes unpunished"