Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Neg reppers r my biatches

Eye Heart Ventana

Some "Stuff" came today that will enhance the Ventana stable....and to think, I was actually retarded enough to stray

For the El Comandante (night night POS King headset....done with you! And CC 110 are WAY too ghey and homer approved for my liking)

For the precious El Rey - front and back; replacing Juicy 7s that El Beastiality was using when he sold me the bike. Formulas were tempting but Squeaky recommended them so I had not choice but to go with something else; tried and true Hopes and not to mention, Formulas are becoming too Homer approved as well for me to stomach.

And finally, got rid of the lame RFX. Actually, it was a great bike and hell, much nicer than the new XC versions but still, it aint no Ventana El Salt (since I suck at wrenching) is gonna put the pieces together for me hopefully this week. Not great pictures but you have seen it before anyway...will doll it up with some new stickers (maybe from Jay?) and clean off the rest of the dirt that the Beast was kind enough to leave on the bike . Paint job is robust as heck....can just feel the quality. Will give the air shock a chance. Heck, it has an anti-bottom out feature built in (not sure its available to average joe either) so I am sure it will be more than enough for this girl.

(ignore zip tie for now...staying there to keep parts in place)

and to gussy her up a bit to make it even gheyer, a new bashguard was ordered. Also put one on my El Rey; they are a great bashguard indeed and weigh only 12 friggin grams more than the big ring which is pretty darn light, if you care about that stuff

"Its All Good"
    yummy yummy. nice paint job.... Go the new bits n bobs
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I remember that paint job, very nice! Formula brakes are El Rey approved (at least on mine) and no homer is going to force me away. Heck I'm just lucky I didn't see pictures of JNC's One brakes before I got mine, that would have cost me some extra $$$. Enjoy the rides and I may get one of those bash guards as well, I'm not sure if I would ever use the large chain ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinfan
    I remember that paint job, very nice! Formula brakes are El Rey approved (at least on mine) and no homer is going to force me away. Heck I'm just lucky I didn't see pictures of JNC's One brakes before I got mine, that would have cost me some extra $$$. Enjoy the rides and I may get one of those bash guards as well, I'm not sure if I would ever use the large chain ring.
    seriously, large rings are lame. this bash "looks" super tough for sure.....poly, pretty thick, and SUPER light.....comes in cool colors heck, the white is pretty subtle compared to th e13 white so go for it!

Tame the Penguin!
    Dude...your stable rocks! Sherwood should make you honorary boot licker/mascot!!!

BTW...I've run out of stuff to sell you bike wise. How about either of these deals?

My Ducati 996cc superbike powered go cart.....good to 185 mph:

Or my Toyota Supra MKIV twin turbo.....(bring snow shovel to dig out):

--Beast ala hardly any toys left

melon farmer
    Beast - are we allowed to ask if the Terremoto is going to be replaced, and if so, by what?

Good to know that the snow camo Moto is going to a good home. Nice choice Fo.

Them RFXs are like a-holes - everyone has one.

Captain Underpants

Gheyest thread EVAR

But seriously E, that is the chit there. I really dig the matte powerdercoat on the 'Moto, and am jealous since that is the bike I want. Good choice of headset, the Orbit Extremes are good at taking punishment. Can't wait to see it built up.

Is that a large?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Glad the Moto is finally home, Fo!

you and El Salt should get building ASAP!

"Its All Good"
    Well Fo, grow some balls and come down and meet Aqua and I for soem training on that there sweet bike
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Can't wait to see it built up and then sit on a wall somewhere!

I have heard some pretty good things about the Hope HS's...I'll be interested to see what you think. Hambone and I both run those Gamut bashes...they are perfect.

Great to see you added another one to the stable. Post up some more once it's actually rolling. You could really use a coil shock though...a Push'd RP23 is the only air shock I would even think of running...so it might work out perfectly.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle

and to gussy her up a bit to make it even gheyer, a new bashguard was ordered. Also put one on my El Rey; they are a great bashguard indeed and weigh only 12 friggin grams more than the big ring which is pretty darn light, if you care about that stuff

Am liking the Bashring Big Time, you will like it am sure Fo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bodhisattva
    I recommended that bashring to Fo. He's such a follower.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    I recommended that bashring to Fo. He's such a follower.
    I thought Fo was copying the Nicolai Build............

Quote Originally Posted by Random Drivel
    But seriously E, that is the chit there. I really dig the matte powerdercoat on the 'Moto, and am jealous since that is the bike I want. Good choice of headset, the Orbit Extremes are good at taking punishment. Can't wait to see it built up.

Is that a large?
    it is a large. headset was provided by El Beastiality which was great. The headtube is 1.5" and since I will be keeping fork from RFX (1.125") I needed a 1.5 to 1.125 reducer headset and beastro no longer did so it worked out right. While King does make a reducer version it is serious coin anyway, and i am not one to spend money.

AOK
    mtbr member
    Not wanting to hijack the thread, but what is so POS about a King headset? Or did I miss some sarcasm?

wish i would have seen these bad boys earlier

Quote Originally Posted by AOK
    Not wanting to hijack the thread, but what is so POS about a King headset? Or did I miss some sarcasm?
    perhaps POS is harsh, though I have had horrible creaking from 2 now in my day. Squeaky, Aqua, Larry, to name a few (Larry should not be in the same sentence as those two numbnutz so forgive me larry), are yet other examples of folks with creaking kings that could no longer be tolerated. TONS of threads on it, not that mtbr means jack, but I have had and have known lots of folks with same issue when moving to a single speed or long travel fork.

besides, people are overly protective of their precious king parts so its a good choice to bash on

"Its All Good"
    The Orbit Extremes are good value, I thought I was having a good run, I then needed to remove it for a fork change on a steed, the HS was basically focked after a year with not alot of riding......

It will for sure do the job, but I have read more crap stories than good about the Orbit HS, more so when people have gone to do maintenance....

Sorry to jack this thread............

perhaps POS is harsh, though I have had horrible creaking from 2 now in my day. Squeaky, Aqua, Larry, to name a few (Larry should not be in the same sentence as those two numbnutz so forgive me larry), are yet other examples of folks with creaking kings that could no longer be tolerated. TONS of threads on it, not that mtbr means jack, but I have had and have known lots of folks with same issue when moving to a single speed or long travel fork.

besides, people are overly protective of their precious king parts so its a good choice to bash on
    You can add me to that list too.

"Its All Good"
    This far have not had any issues with the 1.5 CK HS on the Nicolai..... Also have a 1.5 CK with a reducer on the other steed... Time will tell for sure...

I have not had any problems with my CK headsets, one is getting on a bit now, and she is all good...........

Quote Originally Posted by RSutton1223
    oh yes...i do recall your issue but i couldnt tell if it was just an excuse for you to buy a new 110

oh yes...i do recall your issue but i couldnt tell if it was just an excuse for you to buy a new 110
    No that was just peer pressure from MarkZ06 and Malcolm....

Tame the Penguin!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus_dukakis
    Beast - are we allowed to ask if the Terremoto is going to be replaced, and if so, by what?
    I picked up a Knolly Endorphin from Noel in Vancouver recently on a trip up to Whistler.

--Beast

Tame the Penguin!
    Quote Originally Posted by RSutton1223
    ....and you can add me

--Beast

Quote Originally Posted by El Beastro
    ....and you can add me

--Beast
    gee, thanks for putting one on the El Rey then!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast