Proud lame eBiker

Ever have one of those rides....

....that makes you fall in love with your bike all over again?

I had one of those this past Sunday.

You know how it goes, life gets busy and you hardly have any time to ride, let alone ride someplace quazi-epic.

But the moons all aligned just right, and with the much understanding of my brilliant wife, me a few buddies got to ride in a spot I haven't ridden in over 10+ years. Annandel State Park for any of you NorCal'ers. Nothing that spectacular in and of itself, but compared to what I've been riding the past four months, it's epic, sadly.

Plenty of single track. Plenty of rocks. Plenty of tech climbs. After riding Auburn and Rockville until I could basically ride them blind, it was so nice to hit new tough tech trails. And it's trails that are steep to the point you're ballanced on the nose of the saddle, picking your way up through the rocks and ledges that just makes me love my Chucho. Nothing handles that chunk so sure-footedly. A buddy who's way lighter, and on a Nomad, was amazed more than once how I was able to rock-crawl my way up and over stuff that he was spinning and spitting and having to dab on. Nothing makes a fat guy happier than seeing/hearing the skinny guy behind him having trouble on a climb. And then be able to drop him on the downhills was just that much sweeter.

Couldn't beat the weather either. Slightly overcast and high 60's low 70's. Dirt was still tacky in some spots.

After three hours of fun I met my wife in teh parking lot and drove another two hours to the coast and hung out for a few days.

Nice way to hit the Refresh Button and be more than just "ok" with my "old-designed" Chucho.

Still...I wonder how much better that new Chucho will ride? Don't tell me old girl though, she'll revolt and throw me otb the next time I get near.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Yes, I have had one of those rides recently, but different. Been riding at a much slower and shorter pace because my GF had injured her hand on a night ride a few months back. Her hand is almost 100% now and we rode a couple of days ago at our normal pace and it was awesome. Felt like I started riding all over again.