Thread: El Toro sizing

mtbr member

New question here. El Toro sizing

I am considering buying an El Toro, and need some advice on the size. I am 5' 9", and normally ride an 18" frame.

The El Toro comes in a 17 and 19, so comparing the geometry to one of my other hardtails in a size 18, I think the 17 would probably be best, but wanted to hear what other El Toro owners who might have the same specs as me say. Thank you!

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Best to talk to the man himself next week. But, I would venture to say the 17". I'm 6' and run a 19" frame that fits perfect with a 100mm stem. -Caveat I have fairly long legs for my height 33.5" true inseam so I have no issues with the standover.
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47
    I am considering buying an El Toro, and need some advice on the size. I am 5' 9", and normally ride an 18" frame.

The El Toro comes in a 17 and 19, so comparing the geometry to one of my other hardtails in a size 18, I think the 17 would probably be best, but wanted to hear what other El Toro owners who might have the same specs as me say. Thank you!
    Why compromise? Pay a little bit more, and have them make an 18" for you.

mtbr member

Custom size

I did notice on the Ventana website they do custom sizing. Any idea on what Sherwood charges additional for a custom build?

Captain Underpants
    Sweet frame! You won't be disappointed.

What is your ideal top tube length? I'd start there.

Please do now quote me on this, but if memory serves, I think the upcharge for custom geo starts at $150.

mtbr member

Not sure...

I've never bought a custom frame so I'm not sure on the top tube length. This makes me think if the $150 or so charge for a custom frame size involves actually measuring me to get an ideal fit, that would be well worth it to me.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    I've never bought a custom frame so I'm not sure on the top tube length. This makes me think if the $150 or so charge for a custom frame size involves actually measuring me to get an ideal fit, that would be well worth it to me.
    Sent ya back a PM, sorry about the delay, and best to talk to them about Custom Charges, the custom TT can be much more complicated that it apprears.

Teresa will straighten that out for you quickly though.

(916) 631-0544.

-Aaron
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."