mtbr member
    Jul 2004

El Saltamontes options????

I'm looking at buying a new el salt to replace the old one and i thought i'd read a bit of this forum to see what options were about and have read bits about the fact that there might be a chance of a 4 bar rear end on the el salt, now to me this would be the perfect bike and if theres a chance then i'd like to wait for it, so does anyone know about this option or is it just forum make believe???

I should add that i will be going the custom route anyway, i'm wanting a 16" frameset with a 23" TT anyway, is there any other options on colour as well, i would love to get an el salt with british racing green powdercoat/paint/etc, is there any chance of this???

And finally, is there any other options on the el salt, i would be getting the 3/4/5" option anyway, but would like to see if theres other options???

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannigan
    I'm looking at buying a new el salt to replace the old one and i thought i'd read a bit of this forum to see what options were about and have read bits about the fact that there might be a chance of a 4 bar rear end on the el salt, now to me this would be the perfect bike and if theres a chance then i'd like to wait for it, so does anyone know about this option or is it just forum make believe???

I should add that i will be going the custom route anyway, i'm wanting a 16" frameset with a 23" TT anyway, is there any other options on colour as well, i would love to get an el salt with british racing green powdercoat/paint/etc, is there any chance of this???

And finally, is there any other options on the el salt, i would be getting the 3/4/5" option anyway, but would like to see if theres other options???
    ??? The El Salt already has a 4-bar rear end, always has. If you're asking if they will change to a Horst Link 4-bar design then I doubt that will happen. Custom colors are $200 extra. You can get 4" to 6" of travel, or as you know the adjustable travel. Standard or quad bearings (double the bearings in the rear end). Romic, Fox, or Manitou shock options.
    Larry Mettler
    http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Thanks Larry, i've been looking at what i can get for the new el salt, its all about seeing if i can get the perfect frame, what would it cost to get a 15" version of the el salt with a 17" top tube sizing, in british racing green with quad bearings and with the basic 4" travel rocker. Also is there different tubing options with the el salt???

I was hoping either you or sherwood would answer this, i'll hopefully be giving you a call in a month to order the new one.