mtbr member
    Jul 2007

El Fuego: why was it discontinued?

anyone know the reason behind their decision to phase out this frame?
    Last edited by john11f; 06-06-2009 at 12:23 AM. Reason: title, wrong grammar

Team Chilidog!
    I don't know of many 80mm forks made anymore.

You can probably have a Salty built up as a race bike, but I dunno why it was discontinued. I'm sure if you talk to Da Man, he'll be more than happy to explain why.

Quote Originally Posted by john11f
    anyone know the reason behind their decision to phase out this frame?
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

mtbr member

not listed but

Lets face it, Sherwood has the plans, parts and settings on his jig; if you really want one I'm sure he'll knock one out for you. It's not like he has to order a batch of them or hydroform big sections of the frame.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrider
    Lets face it, Sherwood has the plans, parts and settings on his jig; if you really want one I'm sure he'll knock one out for you. It's not like he has to order a batch of them or hydroform big sections of the frame.

Ditto....IIRC the Fuego is still available as a custom build...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

I actually won one

I was just wondering if the technology behind the frame is outdated (phaseout) but I heard the DW link is still a standard on some bikes.

Proud lame eBiker
    I was just wondering if the technology behind the frame is outdated (phaseout) but I heard the DW link is still a standard on some bikes.

uhhhhhhh what? Whatch you talken `bout Willis?

The El Fuego is still available if you want. It's a semi custom upgrade, or something like that. I don't think Ventana sold enough of them to warrant keeping that model in constant rotation as far as building size runs and hanging them on the wall. Simply just being smart with where they hang their monies.

But no, it is not an outdated design.

Actually just got an email a month or so ago from a lady we did a full custom one for a few years ago. She was saying how much she still loves her race bike and that it had survived multiple mtb stage races in B.C. where she lives.
    So yes, it's still a very competent race bike.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker
    Got the one off of the 'Bay?

Nice looking ride. Just no coin to be a bidder on that one right now. The suspension design may be newer and flashier, and may indeed be stellar.

But a bike that fits, a bike with a fit an finish that is second to none, a bike that tracks where it's pointed are all things to consider as well. Something to be said about a bike where the kinks are all worked out.

JmZ
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

here's mine

i got them in '07....pedals are not the ones in the pic

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I don't think they sold well enough. I think the Turner Nitrous went the same way of the boutique XC Racer graveyard for the same reason, though the El Fuego can be reincarnated on demand.