mtbr member
    Jan 2003

El Cuervo replacement in the works?

So with all the killer deals on Cuervo's does this mean that Ventana is out of DH or bringing out something fresh?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    i'm thinking out, & probably the La Bruja too. people who buy bigger travel bikes don't seem to buy enough Ventanas. why, i don't know.
    breezy shade

Proud lame eBiker
    Done. They re still such killer rides, but the fancy of the DH customers changes with the passing seasons. If it's not new, or ate least LOOK new, then it must not be as good as the latest hydro formed wonder from so-n-so....in the minds of many dh'ers.

And it's too hard, economically for a small shop like Ventana to reinvest in making the bike look new, ie different tubes just to be different etc, to try and keep selling bikes every couple years. The only way they can survive is by the numbers. So doing a relatively large production run is key, but then if you don't sell through then ....ya whatever.....

They aint gonna be doing a dh bike anytime soon is my guess. I'll leave it at that. Its Sherwood and Teresa's gig to run, not mine.

I do know this...I'll keep rocking my Cuervo until the day I am riding above it. I don't think that's going to happen very soon though....
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.