mtbr member
    Jul 2005

El Ciclon & 120 Fork??

Can this work on a 15" frame or would it mess up the geometry? The weight of the rider is only 110 pounds if that makes any difference. It will be transferred from a similar size Motolite.
    Thanks

Bandolero

Reptiles and Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by durkind
    Can this work on a 15" frame or would it mess up the geometry? The weight of the rider is only 110 pounds if that makes any difference. It will be transferred from a similar size Motolite.
    Thanks
    I've got a 15" frame. I can't imagine an El Ciclon with anything less than a 160. It just doesn't seem right. Man up, Nancy and spring for the bigger boinger.
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by durkind
    Thanks
    Ciclon's designed around a 140 fork.

Can it work? Sure, but here's the draw back, you're gonna lower the BB about 10mm or .4". The Steering angle will be a full 1 degree steeper as well.

So you'd be looking at 69.3 Head angle and 13.2 BB (With 2.0 tires), One solution is to run a fairly High Volume, 2.3/2.4 front tire and a 2.1 rear. That will help some.

Also what 120 fork? RS tend to be taller than FOX's and I believe the A to C used for the Ciclon is Fox, so the effect might not be as severe if you are using an RS fork.
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciclistagonzo
    Ciclon's designed around a 140 fork.

Can it work? Sure, but here's the draw back, you're gonna lower the BB about 10mm or .4". The Steering angle will be a full 1 degree steeper as well.

So you'd be looking at 69.3 Head angle and 13.2 BB (With 2.0 tires), One solution is to run a fairly High Volume, 2.3/2.4 front tire and a 2.1 rear. That will help some.

Also what 120 fork? RS tend to be taller than FOX's and I believe the A to C used for the Ciclon is Fox, so the effect might not be as severe if you are using an RS fork.
    Yes, the Ciclon is designed for a 511mm A2C. The Fox 140 is 510mm and the RS 140 is 519mm. I had a Revelation U-Turn on my Ciclon and it felt good at 130mm which is 509mm A2C. It now has a Fox Talas 140 and feels pefect.

I had a 2007 Ciclon with a Fox Talas 100-120-140 and I often road it at 120mm