Thread: El Chiquillo

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

El Chiquillo

Does anyone have any good photos of a standard geometry 19" (Large) El Chiquillo frame built up? Preferably in grinch green, but any color will do. It seems most of pics of these I find are of smaller sized frames. I searched for a while and only came up with a couple 2 year old posts with pictures of what might be large frames but there are no frame sizes listed. 19" is my size, I am just trying to get an idea of what the bike will look like.
    Last edited by ctimrun; 07-14-2009 at 02:24 AM.

Proud lame eBiker
    It'll look just like those smaller framed bikes you've run across....only a little bigger.

You're welcome. I'm here to help.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Grinch Green is a great color. I would download the data sheet from Ventana's website....print it out.....highlight the size. Then close your eyes and use your imagination. You will be surprised what images the mind can conjure up. If you still can't see it then you might want to try the little blue pill

I believe Aaron rides a 19 Ventana HT.

mtbr member
    Check out the owners section on the Ventana web site, the sizes aren't listed though
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

Team Chilidog!
    Sorry I can't help with this.. mine is a 13" frame
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker4life

I believe Aaron rides a 19 Ventana HT.

I do BUT, she's a previous generation.. So you'll still need to imagine some things, like: A lower top tube with Taco gusset. And a full wrap bigote gusset on the head tube.

-Aaron
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

Shot Down in Flames...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciclistagonzo
    I do BUT, she's a previous generation.. So you'll still need to imagine some things, like: A lower top tube with Taco gusset. And a full wrap bigote gusset on the head tube.

-Aaron

Are they doing that stock now?

Here's the original. 19" frame with a 17" seat tube.

D.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Rock
    Are they doing that stock now?

D.
    If you are reffering to the Taco and Bigote Gusset? I know for sure Yes on the Bigote and dam near positive on the Taco.
    -Aaron G.

Shot Down in Flames...
    If you are reffering to the Taco and Bigote Gusset? I know for sure Yes on the Bigote and dam near positive on the Taco.
    I know the bigote gusset is now standard, but I'm pretty sure they only drop/gusset the TT on the 29er HTs. That's the Comandante gusset on my Chiquillo.

D.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thanks for the responses fellas. Gives me an idea how my bike is going to look. Ventanas are a thing of beauty!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

-Aaron
    Thanks for posting Aaron. If you don't mind me asking how tall are you and what is your inseam?

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by ctimrun
    Thanks for posting Aaron. If you don't mind me asking how tall are you and what is your inseam?
    Of course I Mind!

6' 33.5"
    -Aaron G.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I acquired a grinch green El Chiquillo and built it up as a rigid for now, as its main purpose at this point is my road bike with some trails, curbs, etc thrown in. I want to have the fork painted to match the frame, I think it will complete the look of it, however I think I am just going to ride it like it is until I can find a nice suspension fork I am interested in and go that route when the time is right. I have ridden it back and forth to work a few times and it is a really nice bike! The frame replaced a Cannondale frame and even though they are both aluminum frames this one has a much more compliant ride.

Last edited by ctimrun; 07-23-2009 at 10:01 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Here's a 17", freshly built.

Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    El Chiquillo and El Toro frames do NOT have the seat tube (taco) gusset. Only 29er frames, El Comandante and El Padrino and the new El Chivo 69er hardtail.