mtbr member
    Aug 2004

El Chamuco rear shock options

Okay, so I purchased the El Chamuco that jbf was selling. I was curious if anyone had some good insight on rear shock choices for this thing. It has an air shock on it now but I am planning on going with a coil. I have a ccdb that I am hoping to try out on it if I can get the reducers for it. I am assuming that I'll need a 500lb spring for that.

Any .02 on these is more than welcome.

CEO Product Failure
    Call Teresa or Sherwood. They'll hook you up with the appropriate specifications on what you need.

I had a 2003 El chamuco that came with a Romic shock. Great bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I'm sure the CCDB will be sweet, but I liked my Chamook best built up with an air shock and 520mm a-c fork. My original setup (Romic and Z150) always felt a bit out of whack to me, as the bike was super-slack and front heavy, but still not really a big-hit bike. With the shorter fork the bike was still plenty slack, but just did everything right, and the sub-30lb. weight didn't hurt either.
    Last edited by albeant; 12-06-2012 at 06:33 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by albeant View Post
    I'm sure the CCDB will be sweet, but I liked my Chamook best built up with an air shock and 520mm a-c fork. My original setup (Romic and Z150) always felt a bit out of whack to me, as the bike was super-slack and front heavy, but not still not really a big-hit bike. With the shorter fork the bike was still plenty slack, but just did everything right, and the sub-30lb. weight didn't hurt either.
    Well, I purchased it with a Swinger so I'll egt to try it with an air shock first. I al planning on using a Pushed Fox Vanilla that I already have for a fork so it's definitely going to make it super slack.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    That should have read that it definitely will NOT be super slack. The fork is a 130mm fork