mtbr member
    Mar 2009

El Bastardo: I'm doing it.

Jumping in head first, need advice on everything 650B. Been looking this board over, trying to piece the bits of knowledge located here together. Thought I'd start in this forum (this is my first Ventana). Anyway, feel free to tell me anything - what's good, bad, works, doesn't, etc. etc. Thanks in advance for any and all info!

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Here are a couple of threads regarding the El Bastardo. I have a Ventana 650B HT and really like the wheel format.

Waking up the Bastardo (mods), Relevant to other models...

Review of the Bastardo, 1 Year Later...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Thanks. Looks like wheels are the biggest issue: I want to run tubeless (non-UST tires) with Stans, and it looks like lots of folks here have problems with burping (or worse). Gotta keep it as light as possible too, as XC is my main thing, AM not so much. Looks like my best bets are not even available yet (Stans Flow and Velocity Blunt SL). This is going to be some project, I'll tell ya!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Pics please! ~27 lbs is pretty amazing. What's the build? Mine is a little over 28 with a Lefty Max and full XTR.

Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails El Bastardo: I'm doing it.-el-b-lefty.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    daves4mtb: Do you like the Velvet, and was it converted to 650B or did it come that way? I know it can be done internally, but not too sure how it's done. Anyone else know the process? I ask because I can get a better deal on a non-converted (26") Velvet, but won't if it's a big hassle. Thanks!

Need some pics!