mtbr member
    Dec 2005

DHX air shock sizing for salty

I have a 5" travel salty and plan on upgrading the shock to a dhx air, the eye to eye sizing is 200mm, does anyone know or can confirm the other measurement the stroke?

cheers

7.875" x 2"

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    For what it's worth I've used a DHX air on my X5, although there are lots of adjustments that you can make, I never really felt that the shock was set up right, it seemed either too harsh or it would blow through its travel too easily. To be honest I find the current RP23 to be a much better shock, easier to adjust, plush but the platform is available at the flip of a switch, this was not the case with the 2006 DHX model I had, although that has changed for 2008. If you factor in the DHX is significantly heavier than an RP23, I dont think I would get one, probably prefering to go coil if I was looking for a more burly shock.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    agreed with the Grinch-I had a 2007 DHX Air on my salty and was never that impressed with it-changed it out for a RP23-which I rate.

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzard_rider_nz
    agreed with the Grinch-I had a 2007 DHX Air on my salty and was never that impressed with it-changed it out for a RP23-which I rate.
    If you want to stick with air, RP23, Push'd if possible. The DHX Air was a pain and I couldn't get it set right.

I'm now just running coil, and the Push'd DHX Coil 5.0 or CC Double Barrel if you wanna go coil are the top choices.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Works for me

I love my O6 DHX air on my X-5, and I ride the heck out of it, wouldn't want to change the tiniest thing about it. Since setting it up, which took a few days, I've never had to change a thing, or even once add air in over a year. Can't fault that. BTW Red Barn might have 'em on sale.

Bodhisattva
    Here's another recommendation for the RP23. Particularly a Push-tuned RP23.

Me no likey the DHX air

not so super...
    From the Ventana home page

Shock Sale!
    Fox 2007 DHX 5.0 Air Shocks (7.875" x 2")
    MSRP: $479/ Sale Price: $250
    Nothing to see here.